help??

Options
Im not a breakfast kind of person but I have a meal replacement shake ..i go between the gnc lean shake and lean shake 25, do the same for lunch yogurt or a power bar for a snack and fruit or veggies later for a snack...dinner i usually have chicken and a veggie. Tonight I had a healthy choice ...i work alot of crazy hours always on my feet. The reason why I ask for help I'm about 1000 calories under what it says but m right at everything else for protein. Today (sat) i had 1080 calories to still remaining to eat 144 carbs 54 g for fat and only 3 g of protein left...what would help to bring the others down close but not make me negative in the protein category?

Replies

• Darrknys
    Options
    I'm thinking that your calorie intake is too low, especially if you are on your feet all day...
  • irisheyes1977
    Options
    i understand that..I'm just trying to figure out what I can eat to level everything out at the end of the day, without going over in a category (like in my protein) according to the charts here.
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    MFP really sets protien too low....hopefully, someone on here can help you determine the best level for you. I use the calories as a better gauge than the categories, espeically for protien.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Protein is very low on here. Think of your protein "limit" as a minimum, rather than maximum.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about going over protein. I'd bring my calories up though.
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about going over protein. I'd bring my calories up though.

I agree with this ^^
    Besides, when you workout, your allowance for protein goes up as well.
  • indiesongstress
    indiesongstress Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree - the calories at that point are more important than the protein. I was on a pretty protein-focused diet about a year ago (I was averaging over 100g of it per day), and I never noticed a decline in my health or well-being. So, boost the calories and make sure that extra protein doesn't impact the way you feel, and you should be fine :)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    i understand that..I'm just trying to figure out what I can eat to level everything out at the end of the day, without going over in a category (like in my protein) according to the charts here.

You can go into "goals" and adjust the percentages of carbs and proteins. I did it to allow for more protein and less carbs. I was always going over on my proteins. I need more protein to keep from getting weak and hungry. I think I set mine at 40/30/30%.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You could add a serving of crackers or 2 slices of whole grain bread to increase your calories without increasing your protein much. Hope that helps. Good luck
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Eat the protein. Then, eat some more protein. Finally, you can finish the meal with some protein.

Protein is not the devil.