EARTH HOUR!!!

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Just wanted to remind everyone about EARTH HOUR - shutting everything down at 8:00 p.m. EST for one hour! Media says Canada will rival Australia with partcipation!

Join the "Crunch and Push Up Challenge" and you can do it during that hour. The hubby and I are going to do it during that hour!
:smile:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Just wanted to remind everyone about EARTH HOUR - shutting everything down at 8:00 p.m. EST for one hour! Media says Canada will rival Australia with partcipation!

Join the "Crunch and Push Up Challenge" and you can do it during that hour. The hubby and I are going to do it during that hour!
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of having a candlelight dinner with my wife. The earth hour is about turning electric lights off right?

http://www12.earthhourus.org/
  • sitarami
    sitarami Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Thanks for the reminder!:drinker:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Do you know if that is 7pm Central?
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Earth Hour was created by WWF in Sydney, Australia in 2007, and in one year has grown from an event in one city to a global movement. In 2008, millions of people, businesses, governments and civic organizations in nearly 200 cities around the globe will turn out for Earth Hour. More than 100 cities across North America will participate, including the US flagships–Atlanta, Chicago, Phoenix and San Francisco and Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. What will you do when the lights are off?
  • curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    We had our Earth Hour last night in Australia....only one house on the block had lights on...I had candles going and the rain was sprinkling...quite relaxing. I feel good to know I did my part :)
  • AJCM
    Options
    I love it guys!!!! We just finished our hour, and I'm guilty to say that I was counting down to get back on here! (just for a minute, to enter my dinner, and then we are closing up for the night)...

We played Bingo with my 3 year old by candlelight, and then instead of reading stories before bed, we told stories with a small flashlight.

Glad to hear others were involved!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    earth hour is done here too my son reluctantly did his homework by candle light to pass the time and i read a little :) he was arguing with me that even durring earth hour he could play his nintendo ds cause it runns on batteries ... but i dint let him im so mean :laugh:

j~
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    We just finished to, our town took an hour candlelight walk through one of our local trails! Very cool!!I cannot believe how many people did NOT participate, I mean it is only an hour.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I did my hour..it was fun, actually. I couldn't believe how quiet it was without the TV, computers and other electronics on. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of it all.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    We played with our son for a little while longer via candlelight and then I did dishes and cleaned the kitchen that way too!! LOL! My husband got productive as well. I said we should do this every night!! LOL!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Yeah, my partner said we should do it once a week...might not be a bad idea! :)
  • lesliemassage
    Options
    We played dominoes by candlelight. We actually stayed in the dark an extra 1/2 hour. It was really peaceful. :happy:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Grey - not a bad idea once a week... it is nice to slow down sometimes...
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Uh oh.....

I forgot about Earth Hour:ohwell:
    I was watching the Kids Choice Awards with my girls... sorry Earth!!:frown:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    same here! sorry Earth!!! we'll have to do that on our own....what an awesome thing to do!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    We should!
    All MFP members should participate on a specific day.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    We did it as well....and my kids and I just snuggled on the couch and played 20 questions.....we had fun.

dd