Get Go gas station

Options
I got a 7inch sub from the Get Go gas station last night . I think they called it a capris . It has fresh mozzarella cheese , basil, and tomato . I had it on multi grain bread with no sauce. You would think the would have had nutritional info like subway or quiznos but its no where ! I called the company even and they had nothing. The closest I could find was quizno had one similar but had a lot of extra stuff on it. Not getting subs there now if I can't get the info from there.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Not everything comes with a handy nutritional summary! Sometimes you have to guess. I would find the main constituents of your sub (the roll and the cheese) in the database, maybe quick add 100 calories for the rest (though if its tomatoes there's not that many calories)

There's going to be loads of restaurants and meals at other people's houses where you have to estimate.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    What you can do when you can not find nutritional information on something is put the ingredients in the recipe part under food. That way you have an estimate of what the calories were. :smile:
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I did a quick google search and according to the FAQ page on the Get Go website the individual stores are supposed to have nutritional info. Did you try contacting the actual store you got the sub from? Good Luck.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    part of MFP working for me was learning how to itemize foods that didn't have handy nutritional information. Most of what I eat is like this! So add things one item at a time. A caprese sandwich would contain fresh mozzarella, how much? And the bread. And olive oil. Look those things up one item at a time, estimating how much of each thing was on the sandwich.
    If you can't be bothered, google "Caprese sub calories" and you'll find information that will probably fit your sandwich.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Some one finally got back to me and emailed me the info for there sandwiches . I guess there was none and they were putting it all together. I like the idea of adding it to the menu section the only thing is that I really am bad at guessing the size of the food. Especially by ounces . I'm getting a little better at judging how many cups but even that I'm not confident that I'm getting it right.