Mexican?

Options
So this past weekend I was all ready to do very well on my eating, I find that the weekend is the hardest time especially in the summer with all the cookouts and parties... and I did very well until the group i was with wanted to go eat Mexican after church, so i looked for healthy choices on the menu...i realized, there are none. So I ate horrible on Sunday, and to top it off I broke down and had a small butterfinger blizzard today, my calories allowed for it so I didnt go over, but now I feel horrible about eating it! :grumble:

Replies

• learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you slipped, but sometimes it happens... just work on keeping track the rest of the week.

On the mexican, i feel into the same trap this weekend too, but i stayed with the fajitas and that jsut had veggies and grilled chicken. Hopefully you can find something like that next time.

Good luck :smile:

128828.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • msmel
    msmel Posts: 14
    Options
    It's okay at least you didn't go over :wink: It's been done, don't feel bad just keep going!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    No worries! Its not a big deal, we all have slip ups and really you didn't slip up today because you stayed within your calories. We have to treat ourselves sometimes because otherwise we will overdue it at a later date so seriously don't even stress. I'm baking black and white cookies this very moment (regular chocolate and white chocolate) for my team that I coach but you know I'm going to have a couple :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • christahollis
    Options
    mexican spots usually have a vegetarian section on their menu...skip the cheese and sour cream...and you end up with a reasonably respectable calorie count for eating out.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I do not have a weakness for Mexican food, do not care for it much but I guess my love for italian pasta is even worse!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you slipped, but sometimes it happens... just work on keeping track the rest of the week.

On the mexican, i feel into the same trap this weekend too, but i stayed with the fajitas and that jsut had veggies and grilled chicken. Hopefully you can find something like that next time.

Good luck :smile:

128828.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

This is what I do too....................

Order fajitas and just eat the meat and veggies. Extra guacamole and sour cream for me. :bigsmile:
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    End result is that 3500 calories makes up a pound. You are just fine! Try a burna few off with exercise and move on from there. One day does not kill us it is the one after that and one after that if we do not gain control asap. I had everything bad yesterday. In fact once a week I allow myself to go crazy and I am still losing weight. I love Outback and I had to have this shrimp thingy and I just knew I had gone over. Once I logged everything in I was fine and satyed under my goal. I think this counting kinda makes us a little crazy!
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    Some restaurants are worse than others in terms of what they offer. which can really suck. but in terms of eating the blizzard...if your calories allowed it then why feel bad about it? Feeling guilty does nothing for you. when I have calories available and I'm craving something that I normally would avoid (ice cream) I eat it and I try to say to myself with every bite, "worth every calorie" -- you have to enjoy the "treat" or it's not really a treat at all!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Order chicken fajitas with corn corn tortillas. Ask them to use less oil on the skillet. Cut out the cheese and sour cream. Load up on salsa, lettuce, pico de gallo. Avoid the chips before the meal.

The calorie caount isn't too bad then
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This post just made me hungry! LOL