home page "if every day were like today" you will weigh in

Options
Every things say eat you net calories to loose weight. BUT when I eat my net calories, the area on the home page that tell what you would weigh in 5 weeks is always a higher weight than is I do not eat all my calories. Any thoughts?

Replies

• soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    The theory and the goal behind MFP is too lose weight more slowly and systematically. Yes, in theory if you eat less than you will lose more more rapidly, but that weight will be much harder to keep off in the long run, and you could be doing long-term damage to your body by not eating enough nutrients to sustain your body.

That said, the idea of eating your exercise calories is certainly controversial . . . it's recommended, but not mandatory for losing weight. Everyone on here seems to play around with the numbers over time to see what works for them as far as exercise calories go.
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have to eat my exercise calories. If I don't eat within about 100 calories of my daily amount, it tells me I am going into starvation mode.
  • chuseman
    chuseman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    as long as your eating at least 1200 you should be fine. If i eat anything less than that it says im in starvation mode.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I eat my exercise calories because, well, it's more food. :bigsmile: I'm set up to lose 2 pounds/week, so if I can do that and eat the extra calories- why not?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    go to the link I posted at the end of this post, there are a TON of good posts in it, you should read through them. It's important to have all the facts on weight loss. I know it's a lot of reading, but seriously, your health is worth it, these links will explain starvation mode, exercise calories, and the metabolic process of your body in general. Anyone attempting to lose weight should know all about this stuff before making any choices with calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again