345lbs, heart attack and a stent later here I am

Options
Hello everyone my name is Dave and I am 45 year old man with 3 beautiful girls in my life. I had a heart attack on New Years eve and had a stent put in on Jan 3rd. I have known I needed to lose weight for a long time I just never did anything about it unitl now! I made a promise to my wife I was going to be the guy that my heart attack was the best thing to happen to me. So far I have lost 35lbs. I walk almost every day anywhere from 20 min to 60 min. And I am feeling great. I am finally getting settled in with my TLC Total Lifestyle Change (learned that in the hospital) and I figured it was time to introduce myself and start interacting some.

Replies

• abdmps
    abdmps Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey congratulations! I know it is tough but you are on the right track. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, on medication and want to lose around 20-25 pounds. It definitely is harder the older you get. I am 48. Good luck to you!!
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    awesome and welcome...feel free to add me

God Bless
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Dave and I am 45 year old man with 3 beautiful girls in my life. I had a heart attack on New Years eve and had a stent put in on Jan 3rd. I have known I needed to lose weight for a long time I just never did anything about it unitl now! I made a promise to my wife I was going to be the guy that my heart attack was the best thing to happen to me. So far I have lost 35lbs. I walk almost every day anywhere from 20 min to 60 min. And I am feeling great. I am finally getting settled in with my TLC Total Lifestyle Change (learned that in the hospital) and I figured it was time to introduce myself and start interacting some.

Great job! you are one step towards a healthy you!! Feel free to add me!!
  • kemccarty
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Only great things can come from having such a positive attitude and determination; I have faith that you will meet your goal! I encourage you to check out the "Success" boards any time you feel discouraged, as it has helped me to get past my difficult days.

Best of luck to you!
  • theresa029
    Options
    welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me :) You can do it! Just keep focus! Godbless!!!!
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You have come to such a wonderful place - whenever you are stuggling - for information - motivation - ANYTHING - there is ALWAYS somebody here to help - you are NEVER on your own - congratulations on the lifestyle change, you CAN do it x x
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking control. Great progress so far. Keep it up.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I am sorry about your heart attack but sadly some of us need a wake up call. You are doing great and this site as well as the people here are supportive. Feel free to add me.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your story. Welcome to MFP... it sure has saved my life! Heart disease runs rampant in my family...and while I considered myself healthy for years... because "hey, I run half-marathons all the time." I was the fattest runner out there - still eating crap... but under the notion that if I was a runner, I could still eat whatever... and I wouldn't turn out like my parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles.... that life led to me being placed on BP meds at age 37 (years before my parents were)...total wake up call. Now, I am living proof that yes - healthy moderation is key - it takes both healthy eating and exercise...not just one or the other.

Good luck to you Dave and your TLC! You can do this!!!!
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Dave, you have found a great community with caring people that offers great suppor and encouragement. Health is one of the best gifts that we can give oursleves. Glad you joined. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    it can be done....keep it up and good job taking control.
  • twilightteamedward
    Options
    Hi Dave, You've come to the right place for support and motivation. My husband had two heart attacks 7 years ago , aged 40. He has had a stent too and has been fine ever since. Please feel free to add me as a friend. XX
  • amyvandyke
    Options
    Go Dave! You can do this! You are LOVED!
  • johreece
    Options
    That is great ! Keep up the good work. God Bless!!!!

15897084.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • FatFernando
    FatFernando Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your wake up call, but... that is an incredible start. Keeping take of your exercise and calories here can be a good source of motivation.
  • nancyko
    nancyko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We are going to be the healthiest people around for the rest of our lifes, aren't we Dave???? I am glad the diabetis happened to me because it got me on the right path just like the heart attach got you on the right path. We both have been given a second chance and I am thankful for that. You are doing great!!
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck with this site. I love it. I'm able to make changes without feeling like I'm depriving myself. The phone app makes it easy to log calories before I eat, and hopefully change bad decisions before it's too late.
  • staceycahill
    Options
    Good for you Dave! Keep it up!
  • Sweeteater65
    Sweeteater65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Dave! You are now on the right track. :)
  • timmomo
    Options
    Welcome. Sorry what you had to go through to get here, but this is a great place to engage in the battle to get back to healthy. Are there online resources for "TLC" that you can share?

Feel free to add me, regardless!

Timmo