Ripped in 30?

Options
So I got the new Ripped in 30 DVD and I was utterly and completely disabled in 20... minutes. I had no idea how out of shape I was, but I am so sore today (the next day) that I can barely squat down and I am walking funny to keep from bending my legs! Hah!

How often is one supposed to do these exercises in order to be ripped in 30 days... I will need a few days to repair! Good GOD!

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    So I got the new Ripped in 30 DVD and I was utterly and completely disabled in 20... minutes. I had no idea how out of shape I was, but I am so sore today (the next day) that I can barely squat down and I am walking funny to keep from bending my legs! Hah!

How often is one supposed to do these exercises in order to be ripped in 30 days... I will need a few days to repair! Good GOD!
    lol.... and so it begins ;)

Drink LOTS of water, before, during and after a workout. Helps a ton with muscle soreness.
  • skyls
    skyls Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I believe the ripped in 30 wants you to do it everyday. You can take some ibuprofen to help with the pain, and the more you do it, the faster the pain goes away.

I do different exercises, Zumba 3 to 4 times a week and then I supplement on the other two days with the ripped in 30.
  • shanaethomas
    shanaethomas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    banana's and chocolate milk will help with the soreness, i have been doing ripped in 30, and it is a killer, week 2 is a little easier i think.
  • Kaecklund
    Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I believe the ripped in 30 wants you to do it everyday. You can take some ibuprofen to help with the pain, and the more you do it, the faster the pain goes away.

I do different exercises, Zumba 3 to 4 times a week and then I supplement on the other two days with the ripped in 30.

Every day?! Damn. Maybe I'll aim for ripped in 54 then. I'm so sore I can hardly move. Think I'll take a bath and have a beer. Ibu did nothing for me.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Epsom (sp?) salt bathes make your muscles feel better.
  • HalloweenNinja
    Options
    So I got the new Ripped in 30 DVD and I was utterly and completely disabled in 20... minutes. I had no idea how out of shape I was

I felt exactly like that doing just the fitness test for Beachbody INSANITY!
    Although they weren't directed for me, thanks to everyone for their suggestions because I'm pretty sure I'll end up having to use some of them at some point, if not real soon. =P
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    That's my next DVD to tackle. Today I finished day 20 of 30DS and start level 3 tomorrow. Yippee! Seriously though, I was crippled the first 4 days of doing it -- and I had been doing an hour of Zumba 3x week for weeks prior to starting Shred. Just trying to sit on the pot was something amusing to see...and I never knew quads could HURT. SO. MUCH.

Unless you're injured, I think you're supposed to just push through the pain. There were days I CRIED! :sad: Yes, I'm a colossal wuss. But I pushed through it. :smile:
  • Kaecklund
    Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I work my *kitten* off at my job. I'm a CNA, I push, pull, squat, lift, bend, and I sweat my *kitten* off. I thought I was in good shape, just needed to tone up. But my lord. Today is even worse! My muscles on the back of my legs are like solid knots. I can barely get out of my car. I walk like I just had a colonoscopy. That's what I get for NOT STRETCHING. STRETCH PEOPLE... DON'T END UP LIKE ME. I took a muscle relaxer just so I can function at work today. I regret not stretching. I can't even attempt her video again for another couple of days. I feel so puny! Hahaha! Plus I'm going inner tubing on the lake this weekend for my birthday so I want to be a little limber. I'll get back on this horse come Monday ;)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You go to pull through the soreness if you stop and wait a couple of days it will be the same. I havnt dont ripped in 30 but i did 30 day shred, day 3 i was is so much pain but i did my best to move and it actually made me fell better the following day. and eventually it doesnt hurt at all. When i feel pain it is when i start something new for the first couple of days and then it is over.
  • babscan73
    babscan73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know this is an older post but I just started Ripped in 30 and wanted some encouragement as I haven't seen a big dip in the scales. I must say I was in the same amount of pain the first day, took one day off but then powered through the next 5 days. It stops hurting during the workout but the soreness remains. For me it took a full four days to not be aware of my thighs on a continual basis. Ready for week 2 and hoping with the change in exercises I'm not back to the pain, but if so gotta power through it!!
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I work my *kitten* off at my job. I'm a CNA, I push, pull, squat, lift, bend, and I sweat my *kitten* off. I thought I was in good shape, just needed to tone up. But my lord. Today is even worse! My muscles on the back of my legs are like solid knots. I can barely get out of my car. I walk like I just had a colonoscopy. That's what I get for NOT STRETCHING. STRETCH PEOPLE... DON'T END UP LIKE ME. I took a muscle relaxer just so I can function at work today. I regret not stretching. I can't even attempt her video again for another couple of days. I feel so puny! Hahaha! Plus I'm going inner tubing on the lake this weekend for my birthday so I want to be a little limber. I'll get back on this horse come Monday ;)

I'm a licensed veterinary technician, and like you I spend my days lifting, pulling, running, and wrestling 130 lb dogs sometimes. ONE TIME I didn't stretch before one of Jillian's workouts....NEVER AGAIN. I hurt for 3 days. Stretching is so, so important, hahaha.
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    After seeing all the positive results on here I decided to send away for it!