Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The Skinny Girl Diet

More like the anorexic girl diet.

I came across this on the internet and was appalled! I don't understand how people think that a diet like this is maintainable.

(Picture removed by moderator - I feel it could be triggering for those with an ED or give ideas to others. Please keep it respectful, if it turns into bashing those suffering from an ED it WILL be removed. Thanks - CatCrazy)

How do girls expect to live on a diet that keeps you under 500 calories on average? I know all of you here are too smart to try and follow this :flowerforyou: So what are your thoughts?

edit: It said that calories of veggies and fruits are not counted. I can't stand it when people don't count the calories in veggies and fruits! They are still calories! (for example, Weight Watchers apparently encourages people to not count veggies and fruits in their points.)

Replies

• uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    that is shockingly unhealthy!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    looks like a good start to malnutrition and sickness to me
    and.. is probably the diary of a person with an eating disorder
  • looks like a pro-ana diet
  • I would DROP. I simply could not survive. Shakes, lethargy and then a HUGE binge.
    People can be so stupid.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    looks like a good start to malnutrition and sickness to me

Exactly!!
  • looks like a pro-ana diet

this
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    where did that come from...satan?
  • tams311
    tams311 Posts: 15 Member
    When their hair starts to fall out and their memory starts to fade...they'll wake up. I don't know how people can encourage this unhealthy lifestyle!! So sad.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    I like food way to much to even THINK about doing this.
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Great diet...if you're into hunger, misery, eating disorders and emergency rooms.

Those calorie counts are appropriate for MEALS, not DAYS
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    The name says it all. Who wants to be skinny? Slim, toned, healthy yes, but skinny?? No thanks.
    If the other affects of this type of diet were mentioned (lank hair, dry, dead looking skin, no energy etc.), not just rapid weight loss I'm sure girls would be put off.
  • Considering that I read you need 433 calories for your brain to fuction properly thats not even giving you enuff some days...after 30 days you'll be brain dead>>lol
  • this is ridiculous ... sad thing is there are girls out there like me who have no clue about calories well after using mfp ive learned a lot but if a young girl is looking for ways to loose weight and found that she would probably think it is reasonable:(
  • solodancer
    solodancer Posts: 56 Member
    i recently read a convo between two people, one way saying what she eats: - grapefruit for breakfast, scrambled egg for lunch and chicken with salad for dinner and asked if she was eatin enough and the response she got was yeah its ok the body can survive on 450 calories if u have a varied diet which u r so its fine....some people r so clueless, i wanted to educate them about BMR but i decided it wud be a pointless task
  • This was an eye opener. I didn't know what a "pro-ana" diet is so I googled it. wow. Very sad.

How anyone can survive on those calorie limitations is a mystery.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Why are you wasting your time even reading garbage like this?
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    It's sad that young girls are encouraged to lose weight like this.
  • saminc
    saminc Posts: 13
    I read somewhere people on 500 calories a day will die within about 3 months or something similar? Don't understand how people can do it. :(