MFP Family - please help!

Options
I've been on a weight loss journey for 2 years, I've lost 46 lbs, but have hit the biggest wall ever for the last 2 to 3 months.

Example: This week I logged my food 6 out of 7 days, always staying under my goal. The day I did not log, I ate aproximately 2400 cals (my maintenance cals). I worked out 4 out of the last 7 days and BUSTED my butt - I took a spinning class, I've started running, I always burn about 500 calories.

SO, I weighed myself this morning and guess what? I'm exactly 1lb heavier than I was last week. I'm so frustrated I could cry. I want to give up and eat what ever the hell I want. I work so hard for no results.

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    When did you start running? if its very recent then its probably your muscles holding on to fluids for refueling and repair. Has your carb level been higher the last few days? Also think where you are in your cycle, you can gain mid point as well as just before.

I know how you feel, been in the same boat for so long that I'm not even bothering buying new scales now that mine have broken...partly lack of £ and partly because it seems a waste of time just to see the same old number. I know (read hope) that my body will start losing again when its ready
  • jenoflexington
    Options
    I have had similar frustrations. I did Weight Watchers for 8 weeks, and combined 5-6 days a week of exercise. I lost only 2.2 pounds. I came here to see how I can get better control. BUT, while I am extremely frustrated by the lack of weight loss (and I was up a pound this week there!!!), I have lost a cumulative total of 4.5 inches from my body. Do not give up. Do not look back. Just keep doing what you are doing. It will work. To stop will mean certain weight gain and fitness loss. Don't give up.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating to see the number on the scale go up, but a 1 pound gain means absolutely nothing. Women can fluctuate several pounds due to water retention/hormones. Are you sure you are eating enough? In my quick scan of your diary there were several days you had hundreds of calories left over. You may not have logged everything you had eaten that day, but if you did log everything you should eat more.

Hang in there!
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    Great to know that others have had a similar problem. I have not been running very long - about 1 month ago so I don't think that's recent enough to be retaining fluid for muscle repair. There are some days that I don't complete my entries but I assure that I stay under 1800 cals on those days.

I know that women's weight fluctuate easily, but even if I am gaining muscle, I don't understand how I'm not loosing enough fat to show up on the scale.

I won't give up because I don't want to gain, but I'm so frustrated.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    This kinda happened to me initially. It was dropping off Husband and me- nothing.
    I got to feeling the way you are - but then woosh it started happening for me too. Hang in there and don't give up!