Hormone diet - Natasha Turner?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has tried it or reviewed it. My chiropractor recommended it to me today, after congratulating me on the difference! Yay, NSV!

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with that one, but the Perfect 10 diet focuses on how food affects your hormones.
  • rachelsf
    Options
    I just started the Hormone Diet Bootcamp at Dr. Turner's clinic. It follows the plan in the Supercharged Hormone Diet book. The first week is the most difficult, as a lot of foods are restricted. However, it gets easier as you go along. It's basically a short-term elimination diet - where you start by cutting out lots of foods and gradually add them back in to see what you are allergic to. Once you complete the testing, the diet is pretty sensible.

I'm only in day 2, so I'm having lots of withdrawal symptoms from cutting wheat and other grains (headaches, queasiness and fatigue). I've been told these should go away in a few days and that I'll feel better than before I started the diet. I'm looking forward to next week, when I can start eating rice, potatoes and other gluten-free grains again.
  • fit443
    fit443 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to start it, but have to get rid of this sinus infection first. Keep me posted!
  • rachelsf
    Options
    Will do. The queasiness is gone today, which means the worst part is over!