"Jon & Kate" +8 June 22/09 Episode Spoilers

Options
:sad: I have no words.

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Dont have that channel- are they splitting up?
    :brokenheart:
  • strongandfit
    strongandfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Sad but true. :sad:
  • hushmonkey1234
    Options
    I am just really disapointed. I have been through a divorse but I was also married to an abusive achoholic that would leave me with brusies and scream at our kids. I have a hard time finding a reason for this other than personal selfish reasons.:mad:
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    you didn't see it coming?!!! lol
  • hushmonkey1234
    Options
    I did, I was just praying for them to find some common ground and remember why they are together.
  • strongandfit
    Options
    It's sad overall for all concerned. There's nothing "lol" about it. It's sad for all families who go through this.

I'm sorry to be so blunt but to use the phrase "lol" is so cruel.
  • charlenes1
    Options
    I am done with the show. Each of them sat there and said the kids come first - it's all about the kids, so wrong! They have settled and it makes my stomach turn. I am not one to judge but if you look at their beginning and them now - totally different. So incredibly sad!!!!!!!!!!! More kids lost to divorce and the cycle continues...
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    They were just SO incompatible. Jon's too immature and selfish, and Kate's too bossy...of course I'd probably act exactly like her if I were married to a man like Jon.
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    The stress of being parents of "multiples" can be tough enough (divorce rates are much higher than those of parents of "singles") but imagine the stress of living your life under a microscope on TV.

I'm sure they had noble ideas when they first agreed to do the show (a great way to make money & support the children, perhaps invest for the future) but clearly the celebrity started getting out of hand and they couldn't deal with it.

As sad as all of this is, I think they brought some of it on themselves.

(Sits back...waits for the nasty comments to begin...)

Jeff @ YEG
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree jeffwyeg. (no nasty comments from me!)
  • strongandfit
    Options
    It's so ironic. What are they going to call the show now?

Jon/Kate Plus 8 ??

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I wish they would have just stop the show and worked on themself before giving up so soon
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    The stress of being parents of "multiples" can be tough enough (divorce rates are much higher than those of parents of "singles") but imagine the stress of living your life under a microscope on TV.

I'm sure they had noble ideas when they first agreed to do the show (a great way to make money & support the children, perhaps invest for the future) but clearly the celebrity started getting out of hand and they couldn't deal with it.

As sad as all of this is, I think they brought some of it on themselves.

(Sits back...waits for the nasty comments to begin...)

Jeff @ YEG

Why would someone be nasty? No one can honestly say they didn't bring some of it on themselves. They created a job that lasted 365/24/7. No matter the network, no matter the media frenzy, no matter what, these choices were theirs to make. No one put a gun to their heads. I am not cold to the situation. It is sad. Divorce is always sad, and unfortunately it is the kids that will suffer the most. They'll get to see reruns for years and years to come of how their parent's marriage deterioted on national TV for our viewing pleasure. Yes, there were a lot of factors that skewed their reality of what their reality was. I mean can you imagine? Who wouldn't get skewed?! When there is no seperation between work and home and reality and REALITY.

Just sad all the way around. My two cents.
  • angelascott919
    Options
    I didn't watch it but was afraid that was going to happen. I had just hoped they would work on themselves and think of their family first.

I just pray the kids will be taken care of.
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    With the kids in mind, it is not necesarily a bad thing for them to separate... The kids aren't "lost".. they have two parents who love them, and both seem dedicated to making their kid's lives better. Even though separated, it sounds like they will each make sure to have quality time with the kids, and perhaps they will one day be friends again.

from: one of the "lost"? No, someone who is a strong individual after being raised by a caring and supportive single mom with no real dad in the picture until my stepdad stepped in to fill the role of a father.... These kids will always have a loving mother and supportive dad there.. just not living in the same house.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad how they just gave up. Granted I don't know what went on behind closed doors and what they have done and haven't done to save their marriage, but if my marriage were in trouble and I were in that situation, I would cancel the show in a heartbeat and put my marriage and family first.

It also made me cringe when they kept saying it's all about the kids, the kids are first. It's the same principal as making sure you're own life is safe before trying to save someone else. Since they're marriage isn't strong, how in the heck do they think they can really be there for their kids?
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Saw this coming the way she treated Jon from the start I could tell it was doomed! Now lets all stop talking about them and feeling sorry for them. LOL
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I have watched this show from day 1. In fact I met Kate and the twins once at a Barnes & Nobles in PA. I think above all this situation is so sad on soo many levels. I know we all have our opinions and I have one too. I have never had 8 kids. I have never had a camera on me and my family almost all the time. I have made a decision in my life NEVER to pass judgement on anyone. It's just not my place to do that. My heart aches for those children. Cindy
    :heart:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I honestly think Kate was right in saying on tonight's episode that this probably would have played out the same, whether America was watching or not. I have a similar controlling personality as Kate does (mine isn't as extreme but probably would be if I had 8 children) and my husband- oddly enough his name is Jon - is very laid back and for a long while in our marriage was closed off and childish like Jon Gosselin. We were honestly on the brink of divorce, just teetering on the edge there. I made strides to be less controlling and give him room to breath and grow up and he made the effort to grow up and be more responsible.

I could see a difference in how Kate was handling Jon on tonight's episode. She was no where near as demanding or bossy of him and I think had she acted like that for the last few years, they would've made it, or at least had more of a chance. The man looks like he feels suffocated and needs space to be out on his own to grow up and actually father his children how HE sees fit, not how Kate tells him to do it. I don't think he really tried to save the marriage but that's his decision. We don't see what happens behind closed doors or off the set, so who I am really to judge?

They both look a lot more relieved and the tension seems to have fallen a decent amount since they have separated, though. Staying together isn't for everyone and ultimately, if being apart is what is best for the children, then they should separate. If my husband and I grew to a point where we hated each other, I wouldn't want my children living in that toxic environment. And if one person wants to stay and fix things but the other one doesn't, you aren't making any progress by making the other person stay.

My husband and I found a way to stay together and meet each other in the middle. We still have issues, we still have to take a step back and remember why we work so hard for our marriage every day but we're also still very much in love and very much married. That doesn't always work for everyone, especially when you have so many multiples of children. It's a really sad situation and I feel for them all but it seems like they are all trying to be mature about it and maintain this maturity for their children's sake. I hope they can at least find friendship again because they're going to need it as these kids get older and they realize they have to present a united front.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    This show is a big pile of crap. Along with everything else on TLC. This scripted-drama reality tv is for the birds. MTV, VH1, TLC, TruNetwork or whatever channel that is with the Repo Wanna-be Cops show. All these networks should be blown off the face of earth. Mindless wastepile of turdiness.

I think this Jon & Kate suck. I think the shows creators suck. I don't feel sorry for them one damn bit.
    I feel sorry for their kids, cause its gonna be another 10-15 years before they realize their parents are selfish *kitten* for bringing them into this world and then decided to make money off them.