Hiya I'm newish xx

Options
Hi all my name is Laura. I'm from Ireland, 30 years old, 5ft 8 and I am a weight watcher follower. I have lost over 31lb (I'm 10st 6lb now) with the help of propoints and I am maintaining with there simply filing programme and myfitnesspal....probably with more emphysis on my fitnesspal. I have always used the tool on here for working out the healthier choices and have realised without here I'd have failed.

I have recently taking up jogging and have finished the Operation Transformations guild to jogging. I have done 3x 5k jogging circuits in town and then promptly came down with a chest infection and tonsilitis. I've my very first 5k fun run next week and i'm nervous!! Hope I'm better by then.....

Anyway I'm babbling (maybe expect that a lot from me lol).

I really hope you accept me into your community, I'll give back as much as I can.

Laura xxxx

Replies

• bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard :-)

I don't post much here but I read all the time and its a great community!

Good luck in the 5k !
  • ckarnes2000
    Options
    Hi Laura, I’m 46 been using MFP for a couple of years, but not as consistently as I should. A couple of months ago I’ve recommitted to my weight loss journey. I’ve been on weight watchers in the past, lost my first 20 lbs, and then began working out training for a duathlon, unfortunately I stopped losing weight, and couldn’t figure out the reason. That said frustration set in, therefore, I stopped following the program religiously. I’ve registered for the duathlon again this year (actually this will be the 4th time), but this time I seemed to have figured out some of the issues. For me I wasn’t eating enough, especially protein. The benefit of tracking in MFP , for me, is the ability to count calories vs points. Since my new commitment I have lost 7 lbs, close to 10 lbs at one point. Another change I’ve made is reaching out to others. This time I’m in search of new support.

I’ve sent a friend request, feel free to add me. I look forward to supporting each other in our running journeys.

Cindy
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replys. I look forward to sharing my journey with you all and following others journeys too.

ckarnes2000, I've accepted your request, thanks, look forward to supporting each other