Ladies- when did you notice signifigant decrease in chest?

Options
Hey Girls!

I was just wondering when you all started noticing a significant loss in your chest size? I have always had a large chest and as of now i still do. I have noticed they're a little smaller with my 30 lb loss. I'm about halfway to my goal but I am getting antsy! I understand it varies per person but I was just wondering if anyone was in my boat. Average height (5'6), starting weight just over 200. I'm at 173 now but bras are just fitting BETTER. Not going down in size yet.

Replies

• kimmiej6703
    Options
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I lost about 50 lbs. over the last two years of college, and my chest never decreased in size. After kids, my chest has increased, but that's a whole different story.
  • farmerted322
    Options
    I've been some upper body work with wieghts. My band size is going down not my cup size. I've always i had a larger chest size for my hieght. I'm 5'6 180.

Kathy
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different, when i took my measurements after the first month, and 9lb loss, I had lost 2 inches from my chest and hips, and just a half from my waist.

I am taking my measurements on the 1st of every month.
  • Lindseysund8
    Options
    Thanks dolls :) looks like I'll have to be patient and/or lower my expectations. It is what it is I guess!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I didn't really start to notice a difference until after I had lost about 30lbs...and then they started rapidly decreasing.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I went from a double D to a small C in like 3 months. I guess different women just have different experiences. Fortunately I think they've stopped shrinking... not that I'd care if they got smaller, but they've not only dropped in weight, but in height as well :(

I wonder if really limiting my dairy intake made a difference (you know with all the hormones in milk)... but that's just speculation
  • couponsaver79
    couponsaver79 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I noticed it right away, like within the first 15 pounds. My husband was sort of disappointed when he noticed it as well. lol. On the milk comment, do you think it makes a difference with me? I dont have a lot of dairy in my diet.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I noticed it right away, like within the first 15 pounds. My husband was sort of disappointed when he noticed it as well. lol. On the milk comment, do you think it makes a difference with me? I dont have a lot of dairy in my diet.

Honestly... this was the first time I ever thought of that as being a factor.

I really worry about the "rocks in socks" look, which is why the main reason why I only want to lose another 6 lbs....
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Well, since I "bought" mine, no changes, yeah me!!! Lol......sorry......:)
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I started at d and was in b in about 5 months. I lost boobs and butt first. And love it.
  • vmwmvb
    vmwmvb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have never lost anything from my chest...so I work my back muscles to make sure I dont get back pains
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Went from 190lbs (5'7) down to 130lbs. At 190lbs I was a 36 D. I noticed around 140 I had gone down to a B which was what I was before I gained all the weight. I've never been smaller than a B cup before... but at 130lbs now I'm 32-34 A cup. :( I hate it.. but not much I can do. lol...
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Never. Still 34DD even after losing 17lb.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    3 months into my journey, they only big measurement change was my chest, went down 1 inch, and I have a lot to spare so I'm glad to see it decrease
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    where to begin with this one...
    i was 34ddd in high school, though at a healthy bmi, probably about 140 or 145 at 5'8.
    i had a reduction at age 17 because they were just too big on my frame and insurance was willing to cover it and went down to a consistent 34D.

i put on the typical freshman 15 and then some, all food, not booze induced and hit 36D.

i fluctuated between 145 and 160 for many years, topping out at 170ish about 3 years ago, back at at 36DD.

now i'm 127 and no joke, wearing 34A/B. i can't get away going braless due to sag, but they're tiny. and i like it.
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's interesting to see different people's comments, because that is actually something I'm a bit worried about. I do NOT want my chest to decrease. I am purposely avoiding any chest exercises because I am happy with my current size and would hate to see them decrease much. But I tend to lose weight pretty evenly, and have already lost inches off my chest.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 32 lbs total (25 here on MFP), and a whole cup size.

You will probably lose a little in your chest. Don't worry about it so much. Chest size is less important than being healthy and able to do what you want in life.

If you really are bothered by it, you could consider breast augmentation after you're done... or... pushup bras.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    My sisters boobs are the first to go whenever she looses weight. I've lost 20 (10 here) and nothing's changed. It's an individual thing.
  • Lindseysund8
    Options
    Thanks so much! I actually want them to go down. Insurance is a pain with a reduction and I would love to get down to a C from a DDD. We'll have to wait and see because it looks like everyone has had such different losses! My guess is that they'll never be perfect. Ill want to be and C and I'll end up a B or something! Thanks again, ladies. Huge help to not feel so alone.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I was a DD, and now my D is a bit too big- I'll be in C land soon :( I also went down 2 sizes so far in the chest.