Any Downton Abby or Jane Austin Fans ?

Options
Hi. I am still a newbie, only a few weeks into my 100lb weight loss journey. Have had a few friends added, but was wonder if there were any Downton Abby or Jane Austin fans out there like me ? I am slightly obcessed with old movies,too~ would love to have any support out there that may be on the same journey as me. Please feel free to add me. Thanks !

Replies

• Dshould
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hello, i guess i could call my self a newbie as well i started over. In the past, i do know that tracking what you eat is positive in your weight lost journey and it does work. My struggle is portion control and impulse eating. keep me in prayer and i will do the same for you. DShould
  • springermad
    Options
    Me Iove Jane Austin. I always have her books in my hand.
    I can't wait till upstairs downstairs comes back on tele. Feel free to add me x
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Downton Abbey addict and will always love Austen!
  • Jjsugar2001
    Jjsugar2001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Loved Downton, I haven't read too many Jane Austen books though, I really need to work my way through the classics.

Jen
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I added you :-)
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Oh you girls are speakin my language! :)
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Old movies and Jane Austin are two of my favorite things. Feel free to add me!!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I just started watching Downton Abbey a couple weeks ago. I can never get into TV series, but this one had me hooked! I'm up to Season 2 Episode 3 already.
  • MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Obsessed with Downton Abby! I especially like to follow Patton Oswald as I watch, he's pretty funny and also obsessed.
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My sister is an avid Austen fan, as well as similer authors, and is addicted to period pieces like DA. She just recently told me about DA, so I've never seen it, but I LOVE Jane Austen's books ( I have a worn out copy of P&P that whenever I can't make up my mind what to read, I'll pick it up and can start from anywhere in the book :P) I also am quite smitten with Capt. Wentworth from Persusion. And, IMHO, the 1995 BBC version of P&P will *always* be the shizznit :D
  • lorrainesimba
    Options
    Dont know what to do with myself with no Downton Abbey , Poor Mr Bates he is soo sweet . Loved the christmas special had to watch at 2-3 times. I love all period dramas I also read many period books and are looking forward to the new Upstairs and Downstairs. I remember the original woops
    feel free to add me as a friend
    from Lorraine xxx
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I love Downton too. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are a girl after my own heart ! Yes, I know every Jane Austin book/ movie by heart. I loved the 1995 PP version best , but maybe that was because Mathew McF was so hot ! drooling now. The only way I can tread mill is to watch a movie while I struggle to burn the calories off. Watching a Jane Austin passes the time away. =)
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    BBC P&P all the way= Colin Firth :love:

Add me if you like, love them all!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Never caught Downton Abbey but love Jane Austen. Read Emma for A level and never stopped. Fav is probably Mansfield Park or Sense and Sensibility. Am I the only one out there who giggles through most of them. She is so dry. Love it.:love: Add me if you like. I need friends...
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    I look forward to Sunday's just for Downton!! Love it!! And I also am on a 100lb journey. Well 116 to be exact. Add me as a friend. :)
  • imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love both! Next week I'm studying Persuasion at uni! I'm so excited, it's my absolute favourite Jane Austen novel. I need to catch up on Downton Abbey though.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    love DA..went to highclere castle last summer (where its filmed) and its beautiful inside and out...

love sense and sensibility very funny

martyxx
  • AubreysMommy30
    AubreysMommy30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE Downton Abbey and Austen fan as well! Feel free to add me :)
  • ajevans2674
    ajevans2674 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Downton and Austin, although I prefer the Bronte sisters to Austin. I studied Victorian literature in both undergraduate and graduate studies, so I definitely have an affinity for the period. I just finished season one of Downton last week on Netflix and then my wonderful husband just bought me season one and two so I could catch up. Needless to say, these past few nights have been spent engrossed in season two!