Running NSV!

Options
kiwi1003
kiwi1003 Posts: 54 Member
Today I finished 5 miles in 59:52! Not only was that the furthest I've ever run, but to keep under a 12:00/mi pace for a longer-distance run is great for me! I know that's not as fast as a lot of people run, but I figure a lot of people can't do what I did today, so I feel pretty good about it! Yay!!

Replies

• PhunkyBrewster
    Options
    I know I can't do what you did! That's amazing! Congrats!
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    That is really amazing! Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep up the hard work.
  • AlliGM
    AlliGM Posts: 86
    Options
    Well done! I just started week four of C25K and hope to be in your shoes by summer. Keep on runnin'!!
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!! Keep it up!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I can't even run. Lol.

Well done. X
  • kiwi1003
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Good luck to all of you, especially on the C25k! I love that program! That's what helped get me running!
  • Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic milse stone! Great work!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    First off, you did a great job. That is a great time and a great run.

I remember having to work hard to run 2 miles during my first few months of running. So I know how hard it is to 5 miles.:wink:
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!!! i cannot wait until i can run that far straight :)
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    There is a poster in my gym. It reads "It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop"! You didn't stop and you did a great job! I couldn't do what you did! Well done!
  • kiwi1003
    Options
    First off, you did a great job. That is a great time and a great run.

I remember having to work hard to run 2 miles during my first few months of running. So I know how hard it is to 5 miles.:wink:

You are right! I look back to starting C25k and even the minute-runs were SO hard!! I think, "who the hell was that person???" and that was just about 6 months ago! Thanks for the kind words all!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch."

But seriously, that's a great run! Congrats to you. Wonderful to see hard work pay off.
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    That's brilliant!!!! So satisfying getting to beat your PB's.... Once you have done it once, you'll do it every week after that.... Well done and enjoy! :)
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    Congrats on the new PR. Don't worry about speed. The wall paper on my cell phone says no matter how slow you go, you're still lapping people on the couch.

Keeping sub 12 is a great pace. Congrats again. Keep up the good work.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm on week 7 of C25K and I agree its a great program. Good job!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You RAN for 5 miles!
    You RAN for almost an hour straight!

Be proud, most people cannot do either one! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!