Movies!!

Options
alecta337
alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
I need a movie to watch with my bf this evening. We both like funny movies and I don't want to make him sit through a chick flick. Its been a rough weekend, so something upbeat and fun would be good.

We are watching it at home, so anything on netflix or on DVD would be acceptable.

We watch a lot of movies, so we have already seen a bunch of the recent funny movies. Some that we've seen are hangover 1 and 2, superbad, grandmas boy, step brothers... I can't think of any others right now, kinda brain dead. But any suggestions would be great. Also I want to say that all these movies are the stupid-funny movie type, but those aren't the only kind of movies we like.

Oh and my suggestion for an awesome valentines day movie for anyone planning on watching a movie at home with their SO is Crazy Stupid Love, it is so funny!! and pretty sweet. My bf and I cracked up so may times, even though its kinda chick-flicky, he really loved it, so boys give it a chance.

Replies

• asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    "Ugly Truth " is a VERY funny chick flick
    DODGEBALL
    CLUE

that's all I got-- kinda a suspense/drama guy
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Just Go With It and Couple's Retreat
  • Jjsugar2001
    Jjsugar2001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Anchorman!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Hubby and I really loved Bridesmaids. He grabbed it for me because he was being nice......He LOVED it too
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options

This is an awesome movie!!!!!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I've tried to pick some upbeat movies – they're either comedies, or they have a happy ending, or they're so epic that it doesn't matter.

What's Up, Doc?
    The Princess Bride
    What About Bob?
    Airplane!
    Spaceballs
    The Right Stuff
    The Lord of the Rings
    The Return of the Pink Panther
    Young Frankenstein
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Robin Hood: Men in Tights
    My Fair Lady
    Far and Away
    The Producers
    Star Wars
    Anything concerning Monty Python
    Radio
    A Little Romance

Hmm... Most of the really good movies I know are kind of depressing, now that I think about it.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I really loved Bridesmaids. He grabbed it for me because he was being nice......He LOVED it too

I agree, Bridesmaids is very funny (I'm not a chick flick person and I loved it)
  • alecta337
    Options
    DODGEBALL
    CLUE

Ugly Truth - I'll show it to him and see what he thinks
    Dodgeball - Seen it, about a million times, because its so funny
    Clue - do you mean the 1985 one?

Just go with it - we saw it and we both thought it was so funny. He is a HUGE friends fan, so he loves Jen Anniston.
    Couple's Retreat - I think we've seen this, not sure. I'll ask him about it.
    Anchorman!

This is one of our staples. Love it!! But not right for tonight, I kinda wanna see something new

He actually got this for me too when it just had come out. He watched it and really liked it so we watched it together.

I told you we watch a lot of movies. He watches way more than me, he only works part time and I only get to see him on the weekends because I live somewhere else during the week. So he screens a ton of movies and then I get to watch the picks. Great suggestions, we loved all of these movies, but unfortunately we have seen them all, except ugly truth and clue.

Any more? =D
  • alecta337
    Options
    I've tried to pick some upbeat movies – they're either comedies, or they have a happy ending, or they're so epic that it doesn't matter.

What's Up, Doc?
    The Princess Bride
    What About Bob?
    Airplane!
    Spaceballs
    The Right Stuff
    The Lord of the Rings
    The Return of the Pink Panther
    Young Frankenstein
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Robin Hood: Men in Tights
    My Fair Lady
    Far and Away
    The Producers
    Star Wars
    Anything concerning Monty Python
    Radio
    A Little Romance

Hmm... Most of the really good movies I know are kind of depressing, now that I think about it.

Woah, ok. You give me a lot of work here! I gotta IMDb all of these. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into them =]
  • jessashcher
    Options
    there are so many good comedies out there, Yes Man, what happens in vegas, forgetting sarah marshall, and alot of older ones also are great, Funny Farm, Feds, Life as we know it, and my daughter said that friends with benefits was really funny too and her husband liked it also.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You're probably too young, but my hubby and I are watching old "Wolfman" movies on this chilly Sunday afternoon. :bigsmile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I know many guys that liked Crazy Stupid Love. Actually had a guy come to work raving about how funny it was.

Sorry missed you mentioned this one already.

How about Mallrats?
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    hear no evil see no evil is on netflicks- its a 80s comedy -richard pryor and gene wilder
    the animal- with rob schneider
    on netflicks
  • cassblue21
    Options
    The Princess Bride is definitely the way to go! :)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Rat Race
    Connie and Carla
    Eulogy
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    hear no evil see no evil is on netflicks- its a 80s comedy -richard pryor and gene wilder

Never heard of this...looks cute, I'm netflixing it right now on my boring sunday...while I should be finishing an Eng. paper. Thanks for the distraction!
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    DODGEBALL
    CLUE

Ugly Truth - I'll show it to him and see what he thinks
    Dodgeball - Seen it, about a million times, because its so funny
    Clue - do you mean the 1985 one?

Just go with it - we saw it and we both thought it was so funny. He is a HUGE friends fan, so he loves Jen Anniston.
    Couple's Retreat - I think we've seen this, not sure. I'll ask him about it.
    Anchorman!

This is one of our staples. Love it!! But not right for tonight, I kinda wanna see something new

He actually got this for me too when it just had come out. He watched it and really liked it so we watched it together.

I told you we watch a lot of movies. He watches way more than me, he only works part time and I only get to see him on the weekends because I live somewhere else during the week. So he screens a ton of movies and then I get to watch the picks. Great suggestions, we loved all of these movies, but unfortunately we have seen them all, except ugly truth and clue.

Any more? =D

Clue-- yep I mean the 1985 one-- just rewatched -- LMFAO :)
  • lauraaaaxo
    lauraaaaxo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    horrible bosses:D
  • alecta337
    Options
    horrible bosses:D

we saw it, loved it

We like Charlie Kelly from Always Sunny. He is a great character.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I second the vote for Clue - it's an oldie but hilarious. I absolutely love Tim Curry.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    The Ugly Truth - it is hilarious and while it is technically a rom-com men like it too.