Body proportions! Girls!

Does anyone else find that they are about at their goal weight but don't look at thin as they thought they would? I hope people don't get mad if I say this but I have a very very small chest and I sometimes think if I was a little bit more *ahem* top heavy, I would be happy at this weight. But since I'm not as lucky there I feel like I have to lose more weight to look proportional. It didnt help that I actually lost some of what little boobs I had after losing weight. Lol! Can anyone relate??

Replies

• brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    I can totally relate. I'm shaped like an upside down triangle, and it's been my experience that, the skinnier I am, the more boxlike and un-curvy I look. I literally look like a big, bony pair of shoulders. That's it. No waist, no hips, just shoulders and arms. It's maddeningly frustrating to realize that my clothing actually flatters me more when I'm bigger because the extra pudge provides the illusion that I have a body more developed than that of a ten-year old. The only solution that I've been able to come up with to "show off" the results of my hard work is to go everywhere in a see through latex catsuit, but the people at the grocery store asked me to leave, and when I went to the bank...don't even get me started.
    Seriously, though, I understand what you mean. I've had a little bit of success through doing more strength training and eating very high protein and low carbs. Best wishes!
  • Thank goodness someone knows what I am talking about.

Does anyone else feel me on this?
  • I understand but losing more weight will not fix it. Strength training to build up your shoulders will make your waist appear smaller by contrast. Or a boob job if you aren't opposed to plastic surgery.
  • Haha definitely no boob job. I could stand to lose about 5-7 more pounds and I am all about some serious strength training. Just frustrated that other girls my size appear my thinner proportionally due to proportions.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    I understand but losing more weight will not fix it. Strength training to build up your shoulders will make your waist appear smaller by contrast.

^This
  • kiwi1003
    kiwi1003 Posts: 54 Member
    Wonderbra? ;-)
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    The strength training deal really does work. I've always been annoyed with my shape, and then one day it occurred to me that creating muscle in the right places would actually give me appropriate curves without having to gain any fat back. BINGO! I'm thrilled with the results so far and I'm only just beginning.
  • yep i am pretty tiny on top but have a curvy bum and thighs, losing more never helps me bc i end up looking sickly and boney on top. i am trying to weight train and use yoga to get an overall lean look. mostly working on body acceptance :)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Working out my chest muscles helped me "fill out" a little better
  • Thanks for the advice everyone! Do you have any suggestions for good upper body stuff? I do bench press, bicep curls, tricep curls (are they called curls?), and flies.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 718 Member
    Im not at goal yet but my hope is that my boobs shrink - a lot!
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Yep, I fall into this. I have okay shoulders with no boobs. I have come to the fact for me to be really happy, a boob job is in my future. :) nothing huge just a full B to even me out.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    Thanks for the advice everyone! Do you have any suggestions for good upper body stuff? I do bench press, bicep curls, tricep curls (are they called curls?), and flies.

Pushups, lat pulldowns, overhead press or push press
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    I agree with strength training. I want to lose weight, but more importantly fat. I strength train a lot so I'm trying my hardest to not even worry about the scale or a "goal weight" and focus on making my body the way I want it to look.

I also suggest that you try and love yourself for the way you look. Many busty women would actually enjoy a smaller chest. Grass is always greener, you know? :)
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    I agree with strength training. I want to lose weight, but more importantly fat. I strength train a lot so I'm trying my hardest to not even worry about the scale or a "goal weight" and focus on making my body the way I want it to look.

I also suggest that you try and love yourself for the way you look. Many busty women would actually enjoy a smaller chest. Grass is always greener, you know? :)

Well said! You are one smart woman!
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    With my body shape, I'll never look like a string bean or supermodel no matter how hard I try :) And that's OK because I like the curves of my boobs and butt...I just want to tighten them up.
  • Im not at goal yet but my hope is that my boobs shrink - a lot!

LOL. Actually this is what I had always hoped for. I even teased my husband I would get a breast reduction. Well...I have lost 5 inches in the chest and not only is my husband less than pleased I am as well. Never thought I'd say that but they look deflated now. :( Hoping chest flies, etc...work a bit. Why couldnt the loss be in the midsection...ugh.
  • Thanks for the advice everyone! Do you have any suggestions for good upper body stuff? I do bench press, bicep curls, tricep curls (are they called curls?), and flies.

Pushups, lat pulldowns, overhead press or push press

seated rows are also a great addition.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    Don't be too hasty in not considering augmentation. After my weight loss I could not stand the sight of a pair of empty socks! I had saline implants back to the fullest cup I ever was. Reasonable price, in and out surgery, back to work in less than a week. Happy me, happy hubby. I am now at the porportion I like too. Some times 'Store Bought' is good!

PS: I also do most of the chest, shoulder and arm exercises too, they definately pay off.
  • brittanyla077
    brittanyla077 Posts: 79 Member
    Well my waist is getting smaller but my butt bigger :/