protein smoothies

Options
Any advice or receipes on protein smoothies. and what is the best protein powder that you recommend?

Replies

• AimeeCofer
    Options
    EAS Lean 15 protein powder (it's a vegetarian protein- bonus for m) . It's amazing!! For 2 scoops it has 100 cals 15 grams of protein 5 grams of fiber and like 1.5 grams of fat. I make a "green monster smoothie"... you've got to try it!!! 1 Cup almond milk (use whatever kind you like), 2 scoops protein powder, 1 TBPS peanut butter, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup spinach and like 5 ice cubes... sometimes I put in a spoonful or 2 of rolled oats.... warning it is green- but it's SOOO good and healthy for ya too!
  • AimeeCofer
    Options
    if you make it like I do, as above, it has 317 cals, 31 carbs, 14 fat, 23 protein, 60 calcium and 10 grams of fiber!!
  • digdeep2011
    Options
    I have two favourites, 150ml Low Fat Milk, Ice, Strawberries, Protein Powder, Coffee and a tspn of Milo. Yum!
    or Milk, Ice, 1/2 Banana, 1/4 C Oats/Porridge, 1 tspn Peanut Butter and Protein Powder. Good Breakfast :)
    I use 100% Gold Standard Whey which I bought because of alot of high recommendations.
  • hwcambridge
    Options
    I agree that EAS powder is good - I prefer chocolate and like to add frozen strawberries or blueberries - depending on how many ounces of fruit, you just add those calories. I often also blend it with ice cubes to make it thicker -I usually use half nonfat milk and half icecubes instead of the rest of the called for liquid so I add the calories for half a cup of milk too.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I use Genisoy Protein Powder... 110 calories/25g protein per serving.

I blend it with almond milk and sugar free vanilla syrup.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Trutein. Hands down the best yet.