What's your sneeky healthy trick?

Options
2»

Replies

• LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    (cinnamon is supposed to help u lose weight)

I hadn't heard that! I'll have to give it a try, don't think it will hurt to add a little to my cereal!

I put cinnamon in my coffee ( don't need as much cream) and cinnamon in my oatmeal...I had also heard that it sped up your metabolism and helped you lose weight...so far it's working for me! :)

Another good cinnamon idea! I'll definitely try a pinch in my coffee tomorrow. Usually drink it black but I like this idea.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    Chia Seeds!

i just started using chia seeds last week .. i kinda like them. i have no clue what im supposed to expect from it but i read up on them and they are supposed to be really healthy for u
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i like sweet stuff and sometimes it just drives me nuts that i dont have much sweets in my diet .. ive gotten on this raw honey kick and is it ever deelish when i need to taste sweet
  • hsmithway
    Options
    I've never used it but I know Tahini is used to make hummus, I think it's a sesame paste kind of thing.

Yep, the kind I have is just ground sesame, and I think it was either in the organic aisle or the ethnic food aisle. You could probably use darn near anything, though. Tofu doesn't taste like much on it's own, so you can do garlic and herb, or curry, or ginger, or ranch, or anything else you enjoy.

I've also spread hummus on sandwiches, there's a pre made red pepper flavor that I particularly enjoy.
  • hsmithway
    Options
    i like sweet stuff and sometimes it just drives me nuts that i dont have much sweets in my diet .. ive gotten on this raw honey kick and is it ever deelish when i need to taste sweet

When I have a sweet craving, I usually drink tea. A couple of the Celestial Seasonings holiday teas are reasonably sweet without anything added. I especially like the "Sugar Plum Spice" and the "Nutcracker Sweet", and I stock up at Christmastime every year.
  • lynraz
    Options
    bump
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    instead of a stack of pancakes or french toast and syrup for a weekend breakfast, i have two slices of low cal toast with cinnamon, truvia, and light syrup.

the calories saved are significant, and it tastes just as good.
  • lisayoung8956
    Options
    I take 2 teaspoons and add enough water to make into a gel. ( usually 2 Tb water). I then eat the gel at night when I am hungry and can't sleep. It keeps me satisfied until morning time.
  • meramon
    meramon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Chia Seeds: You can make a sort of "jam" out of them. Just mash up some fruit and add the chia seeds. Allow the mixture to set for a couple hours in the fridge and the chia seeds will create a gel. My husband really likes this on toast (I think it's a bit wierd).

Hemp Hearts: You have to watch the caloric content, but a half tablespoon sprinkled on yogurt or cereal in the morning can be energizing and keep you fuller longer. Apparently, they're so energizing that it is recommended that you not eat them past noon, for fear of not sleeping at night!