Is it best to weight yourself in the morning or evening?

Options
As you weigh less in the morning is it just kidding yourself that you are lighter if you always do you weigh in's in the morning?

Just curious because I always feel like i'm cheating cause I KNOW I will weigh about 2-3lbs more by that night.

Replies

• chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    From everything I've read, your weight can fluctuate by anywhere from 2-10 pounds (scale-wise) in a single day. A lot of factors contribute, including sodium, food and water intake, even whether you've exercised recently....

Everything I've seen recommends first thing in the morning when you wake up, but after using the bathroom (if needed), and before eating or drinking anything.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i think the more important issue is weighing yourself at the same time each day and not worry about "when." if you work the night shift for example, and prefer to weigh before going to work, you might weigh in the evenings. i think as long as you ALWAYS weigh in the evenings (in that example) you will be more likely to have accurate results.
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    No, weighing in the morning isn't cheating yourself.
    If you weigh at night you end up weighing some of what you've eaten/drunk for the day - which isn't you!
    It's like, you could drink two glasses of water and get on the scales and weigh a pound more, but do YOU actually weigh a pound more? nope.
    So morning (or whatever your morning happens to be eg above example of nightshift worker) is best, really!
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    morning
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    No, weighing in the morning isn't cheating yourself.
    If you weigh at night you end up weighing some of what you've eaten/drunk for the day - which isn't you!
    It's like, you could drink two glasses of water and get on the scales and weigh a pound more, but do YOU actually weigh a pound more? nope.
    So morning (or whatever your morning happens to be eg above example of nightshift worker) is best, really!

Thank you! Yeah that makes sense. haha :)
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning after using the bathroom and before eating anything.
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning after using the bathroom and before eating anything.

Me, too!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    morning weights are the most accurate