Body Combat

Options
Hey. I just started doing BodyPump and I really enjoy it. I wanted to check out Body Combat and was just interested to see what are everyone's thoughts on it. Is it moderate or vigorous type intensity? Is it fun? One last question, would you think it would be feasible to get a good workout by doing bodycombat and immediately follow it with bodypump? (guess it is really 2 questions) Or would I be too spent after combat to get a good pump workout? I know everything is all based on the individual and you have no clue what my capabilities are. I am just looking to see if I can get a general idea of how hard the workout is. Thanks in advance for any comments/advice/tips/etc.....

Replies

• AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Body Combat is similar to turbo kick so it's vigorous. I thought it looked fun but none of my local gyms have it. I think you probably shouldn't do both workouts one right after the other because it will wear you down overtime and keep you from really getting the full benefits of it. I used to want to do one thing right after another but it always wore me out and eventually id give up or my body would force me to stop, but that's just me.
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Fantastic class, go for it and enjoy.....
  • Jjsugar2001
    Jjsugar2001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've done Body Pump then followed it with Body Combat, I'm not the fittest of people by a long stretch but I found it possible to do both as they work your body in very different ways. Saying that I would only do a double class on a weekend when I haven't been at work all day so I would have more energy.

My gym has recently changed the Body Combat teacher and I don't particularly like the new one as the class is really unstructured. Usually you will be doing a cardio mix of jabs, hooks, upper cuts and kicks with some aerobic elements of jumping jacks and pulsing and they will sometimes break the class up with some interval training for 10-15mins.
  • lizzy00125
    Options
    Cool. Thanks. I am only planning on doing that maybe once a week, on Mondays. I don't workout on the weekends at all because I just want that time to be completely fun and relaxing but because of that I end up working out a little harder during the week when I do workout.
  • lizzy00125
    Options
    I've done Body Pump then followed it with Body Combat, I'm not the fittest of people by a long stretch but I found it possible to do both as they work your body in very different ways. Saying that I would only do a double class on a weekend when I haven't been at work all day so I would have more energy.

My gym has recently changed the Body Combat teacher and I don't particularly like the new one as the class is really unstructured. Usually you will be doing a cardio mix of jabs, hooks, upper cuts and kicks with some aerobic elements of jumping jacks and pulsing and they will sometimes break the class up with some interval training for 10-15mins.

That's what I am planning on doing. Just doing it once a week, on my 1st workout day of the week. It is when I have the most energy. Class seems like it will be fun. I'm getting excited!!! Thanks for the info.
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i love body combat! and as most classes, it's what you put into it.. i always PLAN to do a class after combat but am usually too shaky and smelly lol!

that said, i'm a lot heavier than you, so i'm sure you will do fine! it's worth checking out the les mills site to learn the basic moves ahead of time!

have fun!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I do both, but find I get the best of them when I do them on different days.

Combat is pretty vigorous, yes!
  • Lolabettle
    Lolabettle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    love body combat! so much fun!!
  • jonbairam11
    Options
    Hi
    BODYCOMBAT is awesome you should be able to adapt to your level of technique and fitness. But go for it dont hold back. You wont regret it.
    BODYPUMP is a great follow up to it, cardio and conditioning then strength and toning, a perfect mix.

enjoy

J