First year of the rest of my life with MFP

Options
I just completed my first year of healthy living with the help of MFP.

Transformation:
Lost over 120lbs, from 361 to 239.
Diagnosed as morbidly obese; high cholesterol - Now - healthy blood and urine tests
Exercise: walk 1/4 mile winded - Now - hiking in nature, run 9 mile elliptical. 100 miles ran in month Oct, Nov, Dec
Clothes: 3xlt shirts, size 52 pants - Now Large shirts, size 36 pants. What a difference in variety not shopping big and tall.

What I've learned, is anything is possible. You just have to put your mind to it, stay strong and love yourself everyday. Weight loss is only a statistic, healthy living eating lots of fruits and veggies, nut, fish. Stay completely away from processed foods, cheap garbage foods that make shareholders happy with high profits and chemists proud.

Everyone is different..I can't..I'm not that strong...I love food too much...I can't exercise I'm too out of shape...I don't have the time.

Lots of excuses on why we can't. Don't believe it...once you ween yourself off soda,fried foods, chocolate, yummy decadent foods you crave it like a drug junkie. I'm originally from Belgium at love chocolate but I don't know moderation, so one piece of chocolate was the whole bar. Now I just say no :-). "I know what it tastes like" I know myself and my addiction to eat it all and purchase more...now I don't crave it. I've learned a fresh juicy mango satisfies me more.

I also had spine surgery on my neck about a year and a half ago. Though the surgery went well, all the pain prior to surgery remained. I am now disabled, not able to walk without a cane(walking poles when hiking); every day is a struggle. For all the I cants out there, you have to adapt or die. Unfortunately too many people are landing in the ER but just don't change their habits. Comfort foods sooth your mind like an addict. After my doctor bill all I can afford is McD dollar menu to feed me and my family. :-)

Inspire yourself to make the difference, get off the diet fail and change your outlook to healthy living. For me its been a helluva learning experience...and also very life changing. My daughter and mom have also joined the bandwagon exercising more and changing their diet with great results.

Replies

• dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary! And congratulations on your huge success. You must feel amazing, inside and out!
  • disciplineisgood
    disciplineisgood Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are!! Congrats on such a healthy year. Thank you for sharing your story!!!!
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats..:)
  • getfit4u89
    Options
    Very Inspiring! Congrats on your success!!!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Congratulations to a healthier you and a healthy year!! Inspirational story :)
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story, I'm also trying to ditch all the excuses and just get on with getting myslef healthy again. Thanks for posting
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. You are an inspiration to us all!
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    wow, such an incredible journey you've been on so it seems! people like you inspire me to keep going, thankyou!
  • HCBsChica
    HCBsChica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to many! Keep up with the wonderful journey!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary! And congratulations on your huge success. You must feel amazing, inside and out!

That is amazing congratulations. :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    That was more inspiring then any before and after pic I have ever seen, thank you for sharing =)
  • dbecker70
    dbecker70 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I am glad that you are feeling better about yourself. Congrats on your lifestyle change and weight loss, keep up the good work! :)<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!