1/8 tsp of salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp of whole roasted flaxseeds ground
About 1/4 cup of almond milk
3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
1 tsp of Ghirardelli cocoa powder

Mix chickpeas, salt, vanila, peanut butter, honey, and flax and blend them a little. Then take your almond milk and add a little of it at a time. I did use the whole 1/4 cup but you may not want to. Blend it up as best as you can.

Scrape it out into a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkle some on top.

Use graham crackers to dip into it.

As an FYI it tastes sooooooo much better if you let it sit in the fridge for awhile to get cold. My son (who is only 1 1/2) loooooooved this stuff.

I'm not sure on the calories though, but I can't imagine it's too much.

ETA: I used regular peter pan peanut butter because I did not like the taste of all natural peanut butter.

Replies

• zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    trying this
    thanks
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    Bump
  • greengirl1978
    greengirl1978 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • salzej01
    salzej01 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    interesting! will definately have to try!
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice :smile: Bump!
  • CapsFan17
    Options
    Bump!
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    I tried black bean brownies once and learned my lesson.
    Sorry, beans and chocolate just don't do well with me.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    interesting! thanks!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    According to my calculations it would be 340 calories for 1/4th of the recipe (maybe 3 or 4 Tbsp?).
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I like the idea. The mixture is very similar to a cookie filling my Italian great-grandmother used to make (according to my grandmother). There was no peanut butter or flaxseed involved, but definitely mashed chickpeas and chopped chocolate. Because wine was easier to come by than sugar or honey in those days she used a wine syrup to sweeten it. I've been meaning to re-create it.
  • KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed well
    1/8 tsp of salt
    2 tsp vanilla
    2 tbsp Honey

Mix chickpeas, salt, vanila, peanut butter, honey, and flax and blend them a little. Then take your almond milk and add a little of it at a time. I did use the whole 1/4 cup but you may not want to. Blend it up as best as you can.

Scrape it out into a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkle some on top.

As an FYI it tastes sooooooo much better if you let it sit in the fridge for awhile to get cold. My son (who is only 1 1/2) loooooooved this stuff.

ETA: I used regular peter pan peanut butter because I did not like the taste of all natural peanut butter.

I entered it into my recipes - the total calories for all the ingredients is 1198. I didn't divide it into servings. How many people do you think the entire recipe would serve?
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed well
    1/8 tsp of salt
    2 tsp vanilla
    2 tbsp Honey

I entered it into my recipes - the total calories for all the ingredients is 1198. I didn't divide it into servings. How many people do you think the entire recipe would serve?

Hmm well my son and I ate off of it for about a week. Each day we'd have maybe 1/4 a cup between the two of us, if that even.
  • lisayoung8956
    Options
    I just made this with pb2. tasted pretty good!
  • c3js80
    c3js80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump