When will the scale start moving??

Options
I have been maintaining 1200 to 1300 cal everyday and walk up and down the hill for abt an hour everyday ,but still i dont see any changes not even 1/2lb...When will i start losing...This is very discouraging me...Any help wud be really appreciated...No soda,No sweet :(...gave up everything thatz high in calories...

Replies

• kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I can't view your food diary so I don't know what you've been eating. How long have you been sticking with your new program?
  • Ashraz
    Ashraz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been sticking with the program last 4 weeks.How do i enable my food listing ??
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I would up calories to a sustainable 1600-1800.
    If you stand 5'3" or taller this will help fuel you!
    1200-1300 is not a good diet no matter what MFP suggests!

For more information on BMR and how to calculate check out http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ and do the military BF calc first then the BMR tool.
    The BMR tool gives you EXACTLY what you need to eat depending on your activity level.

Go forth and drop fat!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Go to "settings" then to "diary settings". Once there, scroll to bottom and set privavy at MFP members only. Then save. That way we can see what you've been eating.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are putting enough emphasis on your macros and not just total cals.

The scale will move, but you may have to stop watching it for a while (a watched pot never boils).
  • mmarcy11
    mmarcy11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You probably need to eat a little more since you are exercising for an hour each day. Your body needs fuel when you exercise. If you are tracking your exercise, make sure that your net calories do not below 1200 calories. That is the minimum amount that your body needs.

This guy explains "excess" calories extremely well:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173853-an-objective-look-at-eating-exercise-calories
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Read this also:
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/447397-my-plateau-nutrition-story-learn-from-my-mistakes

Really great advice!!
  • Ashraz
    Ashraz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the wonderful advice and the links....U guys are my life savers :) Big Hugs........