Protein shake smoothies...

Options
kryptonitekelly
kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
Anyone got low calorie ideas?
I usually use banana flavoured (well it's not protein shake, it's the maxitone sculptress diet thingy) Getting the matitone definitey next time in chocolate flavour...so recipes which match chocolate or banana would be awesome please :)

Replies

• jcvigi
    jcvigi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like the GNC Pro line of protein powders. They come in a number of flavors, and I have a whole bunch of recipes ranging from 200-300 calories, all which have a very balanced(or close to it) blend of 45% protein, 35% carbs, and 25% monounsaturated (healthy) fat. I use a little single serving blender which makes having a shake VERY convenient. Here is one of my favorites at about 200 calories:

1 Scoop GNC Pro Performance Vanilla
    3.5 ounces fresh or frozen strawberries
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk.
    Stevia or Splenda to taste.
    Ice for thickness
  • trixirn
    trixirn Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like the GNC Pro line of protein powders. They come in a number of flavors, and I have a whole bunch of recipes ranging from 200-300 calories, all which have a very balanced(or close to it) blend of 45% protein, 35% carbs, and 25% monounsaturated (healthy) fat. I use a little single serving blender which makes having a shake VERY convenient. Here is one of my favorites at about 200 calories:

1 Scoop GNC Pro Performance Vanilla
    3.5 ounces fresh or frozen strawberries
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk.
    Stevia or Splenda to taste.
    Ice for thickness
    bump
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I do vanilla whey isolate, strawberries, unsweetened almond milk, water, and a big handful of spinach. mmmm
  • ameyer410
    Options
    Wonderful idea with the vanilla concept, I usually make fruit/kale based smoothies but I really like the idea of more of a "milkshake", I feel like it would keep me full longer. Love the almond milk idea, thanks so much!!!
  • twhit24
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology, Banana, Organic Peanut Butter, Almond Milk & ice...yummy! Will be trying the vegan Tropical Strawberry soon.
  • mankejd
    Options
    Do the GNC mixes have dairy? I am allergic to dairy and eggs. Thanks mucho!
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Lots of ice-cream-like smoothie ideas here: http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/

I've tried several of them and they're pretty great.
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that you might already be getting the amount of protein you need from your diet. If you eat eggs, greek yogurt, black or kidney beans, peanut butter... excess protein does not = more muscle.

Here's a decent article about it:

http://www.active.com/nutrition/Articles/Athletes_and_protein__The_truth_about_supplements.htm