Not feeling too motivated today :(

Options
I am over 4 lbs heavier than yesterday. Has that ever happened to someone?? I was eating the same way like always and I exercised plenty... I have been so bloated today and my stomach is poking. Could it be water weight or what? IT just really disappointed me :(

Replies

• Pilotcookie
    Pilotcookie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No one?? :(
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without seeing your diary and looking at your foods.

I did gain 4 lbs on Super Bowl Sunday, but I know why that happened.
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    I don't know. Are you weighing at the same time and wearing the same clothes? It can be discouraging when you weigh every day. Because there are always fluctuations. I do weigh every day because I just can't help it, but I don't pay real attention to the weight except on Fridays. If I had gained four pound from one Friday to the next, I would be mad. But from one day to the next, well, I guess I would also be mad, but not overly. I would just try really hard to get it off before the next Friday. Good luck and don't worry so much about the scale. Take your measurements and keep track of those, because you are more likely to see a change that way. Especially because you look like you work out, so the muscle gained may be what is making you gain. That's a good thing!
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    definately water weight. don't sweat it just watch ur calories and sodium.
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel... I am constantly worrying over that daily fluctuation on the scale and also the way I look in the mirror.

It could be water weight. It could be bloating from PMS. I figured out that I start bloating at least a week to 10 days before I am going to start my period. It is definitely discouraging to know that I am going to look larger for those 10 days and there is not really a thing I can do about it. I try drinking more water during that week and watching my sodium intake.

I have decided that in the morning while it is daylight and not as cold as it is tonight, I am taking my scales out to my storage building and am just not going to have them in my house for awhile. I cannot stay off of them if they are in sight!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Your scale should never be your motivation, love. Your clothes, how you feel, how much energy you have: these are the things that you should find motivation in.
    If I focused on my scale instead of powering through another workout or how awesome I feel now? I would be uber depressed. Chin up, focus on measuring your foods, and is it's "that time of the month" and you'll start seeing results again.
    :flowerforyou:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    could be water weight. I fluctuate a lot if I weigh myself ofter. I'm focusing on size and the way I feel more now. and weigh myself less often. overall health is more important than the number on the scale. :)
  • rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE---it takes 3,500 cals of excess to gain ONE single pound!!! SO, unless the OP ate, do the math with me here,
    140,000 cals OVER what she needed in 24 hours, then there has to be another explanation, right?!

My best guess is water weight, at least partly, but it is also best to weight once every week, or so. Good luck.
  • Pilotcookie
    Pilotcookie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I really hope it's water, because I have been sticking to my diet for 6 weeks now and i worked out an extra day this week... i guess i will just put my scale away for a week and concentrating on having fun while working out, and keep doing what I have been doing! :) I just got a little worried and discouraged!