looking for support

Options
I'm looking for someone who would not mind helping me with motivation and support. I've been here at MFP for almost 2 months. I know I've had some bad days and gave up and I've had good days. I've been adding walking 3-5 days a week since mid Jan. And all I can do is gain weight. I'm very frustrated and want to get healthy.
I'm trying to cut out carbs, eat more vegetables, and eat the right combinations of food. I just don't feel it is working and I don't know what else to do.

thank you in advance.

Replies

• nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have been on 125 days and support has been the key. Feel free to befriend me - I have some great people in my group. Annette
  • dpreston2011
    Options
    Hi,Annette my name is Debra and I am 62. I am trying to lose just maybe 15 - 20 pounds to help my back feel better. I can't seem to get off any thing. I need some help or some one that can show me what I'm doing wrong. Maybe we can help each other. I have 4 grandkids and I want to run around after them but weighting 218 I can't I just give out. Would love to talk with you and see if we can help each other.......Debra
  • a21smp
    a21smp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I very much understand your situation. I've been on here for 3 months with no friends until 2 days ago. I had lost 25lbs but in the past 2 weeks I've gained about 5-7 of it back and I'm deathly afraid to step on the scale Tuesday (weigh in day). I was hoping that I was pregnant because then I would have an excuse for the cravings (chocolate milk and bananas) and the weight gain but of course I'm not. Hopefully with sping around the corner we can all pick up out spirits and kick our own butts back in to shape.
    At least that's my plan.

GOOD LUCK AND FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND IF YOU'D LIKE :flowerforyou:
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Girl if you want motivation and support I am one of the many people on here that would be more than happy to be a part of that! I have been on the journey and know how important it is to have others there for you. Friend me if you want :)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    If you are gaining weight, and you are doing everything right, you may have some sort of health problem causing the gain. Have your doctor check your thyroid (TSH, free t4 and free T3), your vitamin D and B-12 levels, and blood chemistry. I know these are the "low energy" panel, but when you are out of whack like this, it might give you an insight into what is going on!
    Otherwise, make sure you are being 100% honest with yourself in your food and exercise diary. Log everything that passes between your lips! I've found that I have hidden calories sometimes with that.

I've been where you are. It's so hard to get through this and stay motivated when nothing is working! Have faith in yourself! Listen to your body, it will tell you what it needs!
  • kay_bear52
    kay_bear52 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much.
    I do have a heart issue and am on high blood pressure medicine...but I go early for blood work and everything else is perfect...even cholesterol levels. I've had my thyroid checked...everything...
    And I can't seem to find a nutrionist here in my area either that I could go to. I've really tried every avenue I can. I know I have to be doing something wrong...I just don't know what.
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you want, I'll take all the support I can get too!
  • mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me too. I am gonna check in on here more often for support cause I have gotten sloppy with my eating and have gained back 10 lbs the past few weeks.
  • Curt959
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Curt. I'm here to provide support and gladly recieve support. Please feel free to add me! I've lost 24 lbs in 2 months. but more importantly I have 40 to go!