The Final Meltdown 6.23.09

smadag1
smadag1 Posts: 1,368
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Mornin ladies

I am not having a good morning. I am doing fine on my food choices, but I am cranky and pissy because it is hot in the south right now and my a/c doesn't work. It is not that bad when the truck is moving but when stuck in traffic I feel like an egg in a frying pan. I thought my DH was going to get it fixed today, because he is off but instead he is laying around the nice cool house doing nothing. I love him to death but sometimes he doesn't think. I am on the verge of tears because it is so miserable here and I can not afford to get it fixed without my Dh's help. I know I am just whinning but I need to vent right now. I guess it is a good think I work in an office with air.

Replies

• CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Awwwe!

I know how the weather can play a big role in moods! I hope you feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • Morning!
    #1 THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!
    #2 Typically men don't think. They just react and they LOVE the couch!
    #3 You are not alone. My kitchen lights are out and I am working by dimmers in the next room. VERY irritating.
    #4 THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!!! You've lost 11 pounds!
    #5 This too shall pass and venting is good! It's better than the alternative!!!
    #6 Stop & get something cold and sweet (sugarfree sweet) to drink... Pretend its a tropical drink on some hot island somewhere... Blast your favorite tune & Sing out LOUD!!!
    #7 THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!!! You have a job!

Have a good day!
    Flowers & Hugs for you! :flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    Don't get me wrong my DH works VERY HARD and I don't ask him to do a lot on his days off(like fix the leaking bathroom sink that has been dripping for a year) but this is one thing I wish he would do quickly, He just called asking if I wanted him to buy some AB Circle Pro thing and I told him I would rather get my air fixed so maybe he will take the hint
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Hey, girl, sorry you aren't doing so well today. I just looked up the weather in your town, and it looks like with the humidity that you have there, it will be a burner today. I hope your commute isn't too terribly long. It's been pretty hot here too. The other day, when I told my four year old grandson that it was getting pretty hot out, he said, "Grandma, I call this kind of day a hot diggity day." So I have started calling them that too. Doesn't make them any cooler, but it makes me smile to say it and watch people's reactions when I say, "Boy, this one's a hot diggity day!" Anyway, hang in there, and if it helps, know that someone here in Kansas is thinking about you on your sweaty commute.

Good Tuesday, all!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    smadag - my hubby's can be a handy man just doesn't like to be - I know how you feel....sorry it's so hot - you could get a battery operated fan from the camping section of like a walmart to keep with you til it's fixed....I use on when my son's playing baseball - it works great. At least it would give you some air...you could set it on the seat - they're $10 - $15 - the one I have also plugs in

Hoping to exercise today - strength day yesterday - have a dentist appt at lunch so my day's all messed up - we'll see....
  • smadag1
    I am starting to feel better but it is just frustrating. as long as i am not stuck in traffic and the wind is blowing it is not too bad. I am just in one of those moods today.:grumble:
  • jngibson
    jngibson Posts: 11
    You are not joking about this heat! I live in a few miles away from you in Alabaster...Pools are a nice thing right now :happy:
  • smadag1
    I would kill for a pool but I think the river this weekend will do just fine.
  • chrissyh
    You do have a pool - pool of sweat when there's no air!!:laugh:

Sorry just trying to make you smile!:wink:
  • smadag1
    very funny ha ha :laugh:
    Maybe I will go run through the car wash at lunch. Would that be like running through a sprinkler?
  • chrissyh
    just close your mouth during the soap cycle - the soap would taste bad! :laugh:

But you'll be sparkly clean when it's done
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    LoL ya'll make me smile! :laugh:

Sorry you're having one of those days Smadag! *hugs* I know the feeling - been there done that - for a few years of sweltering Florida summer heat! Chrissy's idea of the fan is great. I just hope you don't have similar sweat genes to mine - I used to carry around an extra change of clothes everywhere I went bc it was so hot. I'd always drive in JUST a tank top!

I'm planning on getting in a good workout tonight - hitting up a spinning class!! Very excited. :bigsmile: I know it burns a lot of calories and I love the darkness of the room. Makes me feel not so embarassed about sweating like mad and it's soothing to work out my thoughts!

I hope you all have a nice and 'cool' day. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    opera - you go girl - I just can't seem to get into the bikes yet....
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Mornin ladies

I am not having a good morning. I am doing fine on my food choices, but I am cranky and pissy because it is hot in the south right now and my a/c doesn't work. It is not that bad when the truck is moving but when stuck in traffic I feel like an egg in a frying pan. I thought my DH was going to get it fixed today, because he is off but instead he is laying around the nice cool house doing nothing. I love him to death but sometimes he doesn't think. I am on the verge of tears because it is so miserable here and I can not afford to get it fixed without my Dh's help. I know I am just whinning but I need to vent right now. I guess it is a good think I work in an office with air.

I live in NC & we didn't have a/c at ALLLLLLL last week - at work (I woulda killed my hubby if he waited a week to fix the a/c) it was in the 90's and I was a bi@tch!!
This discussion has been closed.