Have 100 pounds are more to lose...and not having gastric by

Options
I am looking to find fellow 100 + goal setters. I envy those that can have surgery to help but that is not within my budget. So if you are in the same boat as I am, I would like to be friends to see what you are doing to be successfull.

This is my time!! I have been big all my life. And I am TIRED of it!!!! I was wearing a womens size 16-18 in 7th grade and blew up from there. I am 2 months from my 28th birthday and weigh 245, I am hoping praying and working my butt off to be at my goal weight of 130 by my 30th birthday (if not sooner)! So if you would like to join me in my long journey and help me out ADD ME!!

Replies

• RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I did it ! You can do it !! No surgery, only diet and exercise, one day at a time.
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Move more, eat less, No surgery required! Now down 161 pounds! Log your food and exercise and you will see amazing results! Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • spacecampsucks
    spacecampsucks Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have to lose a hell of a lot more than 100lbs :(

I've set a goal to lose 100lbs this year and a long-term goal to get down to 200lbs (and eventually get down to 165lbs, a normal weight for my height)

I started at 431 and am now 398. I, too won't be having surgery... but through choice! I don't like the idea of such an invasive surgery when it can be done naturally!

Good luck to you, I'm sure you can do it! Feel free to add me, too :)
  • 150poundstogo
    Options
    I have a lot to lose too. (As you can tell by my username) and I'm only 20, so surgery is WAY out of my reach
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement....I am about a week into this new mind frame and all of the support and NO negativity on this site I actually feel like I can and WILL finally get to my goal. I added each of you!!
  • jilldou
    jilldou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently 5lbs away from losing 100lbs, with lots more to lose (currently 295lbs) but taking it one day at a time. I've got no interest in surgery, since I've been successful in doing things the natural way, it's just a matter of sticking with it! People have asked me what I've been doing to lose weight and I call it the "put down the fork and get off my *kitten*" plan. lol.

Feel free to add me! :)
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I created a group called "100 + pounds with no surgery" come join us!!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    100 lbs to go with a "number in my head" of 150 total by the time I'm done, but I'll re-evaluate when i get closer to goal. Not doing surgery, heck I don't even like taking pain meds for a headache so surgery is NOT an option for something I can do something about with other means.
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hello I also have a lot to lose without surgery ;). Feel free to add me!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose 139 lbs. I started in April 2011 and I am more than half way there. I am hoping to see my goal by the end of this coming summer. I'll be glad to be in your corner.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    16 lbs away from losing a hundred with 81 more to go to reach goal. (Though I've been stuck for a very long time).

I commend you for losing the old fashion way. Not that you necessarily want to do it that but I believe the real cure is changing your life style and learning.
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I can absolutely relate, and tell you that it can be done. I started on October 10th, 2011 at 315.5 and four months later I weigh 263.4- a 52 pound loss. I never thought I would be able to lose that much again, but this time I won't fall back into bad habits when I plateau. I have a total of about 170 to lose total, and hoping to be down 115.5 by October of this year for a wedding I'm attending. Anyone feel free to add me! Support is one thing that has helped me the most, and it will help you too. Good luck to everyone on your journey!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Slow methodical weight loss is the best route to go. If you can avoid surgical procedures by all means do. I have lost wt. before but gained it back a couple of times. I started after New Year (prior to joining MFP) at about 344 -- could have been a bit more and am now at about 321. My method is simple. Find what a person the weight I WANT to be (should be) should do with regard to diet/exercise and do that... (net caloric intake)... Therefore when I hit maintenance... I don't have to change ANYTHING. Just keep doing what I am doing. That makes it a lifestyle change... If it takes 6 months... fine... a year? that is ok too. Two years? That is probably better but I am a bit more impatient than that. I should be between 160-199 or so according to BMI though fat ratio technology seems to allow a few more pounds than that. I have always felt and did the best between 170 and 199 so that is my target. As for now, one day at a time. Drs recommend a weight loss of no more than 2 lbs a week so that is my goal. More than 2 lbs per week we tend to lose muscle mass as well as fat reserves. Best wishes on your journey. One day at a time.
  • rachelgoutos
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Also looking for motivational friends to help! I re-started MFP in January, and so far so good!
  • SheriG9
    Options
    I have 100 to lose, minimum. Probably more like 120. We can do this!
    Friend me if you'd like. :)
    Sheri
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    same boat as you:) you are welcome to friend me as well!
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I had well over that when I started and now I have about eighty to lose to reach my goal weight. You can do it!! We all can. One day at a time.
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting weight 255, goal is between 140 and 155 for a healthy BMI and to fit in single digit sizes again (not since I was 11 did I fit anything less than a 10!)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I am down 117 since my heaviest. I joined MFP when I had a long plateau and I have busted through it. 150 more to go! Just remember not to rush it. It took a long time to put the weight on, it will take a long time to lose it properly.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100!!! :) Halfway there!!!!