Looking for a 30DS partner

Options
I started doing 30DS in the summer, then it got too hot (no AC, I'm a wimp) and I quit. I'll blame it on the heat, but really I was just being lazy.

I completed Day 1 today and would LOVE to find a partner. Someone to check in daily (for each of us) and someone to hold me accountable.

Any interest? I'm 26, female and moderately active, but 30DS is ROUGH so far!!

Replies

• ANonnyMouse
    Options
    Sorry to bump my own thread--just hoping that maybe someone in the AM crowd may be interested!
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    I am 24, incredibly out of shape, about 50lbs to lose, and would love to be your partner! The thing is that my 30DS dvd hasn't come yet. Mind if I add you and join you in a few days when it gets here? I'm expecting it by the end of this coming week...
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    I have it and have done it a handful of times. I want to get serious about it though, and none of my IRL friends can do it due to knee problems. I need a partner to help keep my accountable!! Add me. I will start it today :)

Oh edited to add I am a 30 year old female
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I bought it for me and my daughter to do together. Daughter, however, is nowhere near as motivated as I am, and unfortunately, her reluctance started to wear off on me. We did it a few times, then there were the excuses, and blah, blah, blah. Yesterday I decided I would NOT let her influence MY decision to get fit anymore. So I'm starting it again today. Put a calendar on the wall to mark off the days for a quick and visible motivation factor.

I am 38 and have 33 more pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. I'd be glad to help with (and receive) accountability for this. I want to get it done and see those results!!!

April
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Hi there, I have tried to do the 30 day shred before but used a lot of excuses to keep missing days, I have a big family wedding in May and want to look really good. I will do day 1 this evening and hope we can all keep each other motivated. I am 34 and as you can see from my ticker I have loads to lose, I hope to be at target by summer 2013.
  • Chicc
    Chicc Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hmmm have been toying with the idea of doing it again. Tried it in the summer and loved it. I'd be a few days behind you but would be willing to start again if I had someone to check in with daily. I'm 37 and am struggling with the last 30 lbs to loose.

Anyone interested in the 30ds, please feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated ;)
  • pduckworth
    Options
    Hi there! I started 30DS yesterday and would love to help motivate you along to the way :)

That goes for anybody else as well! Feel free to add me and we can push each other through it!
  • chameleon73
    Options
    One thing that's big about 30DS is that people are losing INCHES! Does everyone have a measuring tape? If not, can you get one ASAP? As people on the boards often say, sometimes when you're building muscle, the scale doesn't move much, so the measurements will give a better indicator of progress.

I'm going to take my measurements today and will post them to this thread shortly. Feel free to do the same, and if everyone would like, I'd be glad to make a spreadsheet for us all and keep it updated. :)
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    One thing that's big about 30DS is that people are losing INCHES! Does everyone have a measuring tape? If not, can you get one ASAP? As people on the boards often say, sometimes when you're building muscle, the scale doesn't move much, so the measurements will give a better indicator of progress.

I'm going to take my measurements today and will post them to this thread shortly. Feel free to do the same, and if everyone would like, I'd be glad to make a spreadsheet for us all and keep it updated. :)

Here's my measurements. I took them on Feb. 9th.
    Hips ~ 49in
    Chest (I measure around the largest part) ~ 46
    Small Waist ~ 42
    Biggest Waist ~ 48.6
    Arm ~ 14.6

I think this is a great idea! My kids lost my measuring tape, so when I find it will update with my Thigh measurement. I have never taken that, but think it would be good to know it for this workout.
  • chameleon73
    Options
    For anyone that hasn't taken measurements before, here is a great article that details how (and where) to measure.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1281
  • ANonnyMouse
    Options
    Great idea about the measurements. I've never done it before, because I think it'd make me cry--but I'd LOVE to lose some of the inches on my thighs and love handle area. Great idea--will get a tape measure ASAP!!

Here's my measurements. I took them on Feb. 9th.
    Hips ~ 49in
    Chest (I measure around the largest part) ~ 46
    Small Waist ~ 42
    Biggest Waist ~ 48.6
    Arm ~ 14.6

I think this is a great idea! My kids lost my measuring tape, so when I find it will update with my Thigh measurement. I have never taken that, but think it would be good to know it for this workout.

[/quote]
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Measurements done
    Bust 48"
    Waist 40"
    Hips 47"
    Right Arm 15"
    Left Arm 14.5"
    Right Thigh 26"
    Left Thigh 26"
    Right Calf 18"
    Left Calf 18"

Weight 229lbs

Day 1 of shred done - ouchie but proud as I was going to go to bed and not bother :embarassed:
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    my bff and I were going to start this last week until her husband whisked her away Friday for a weekend resort getaway, therefore she couldn't do the 30DS haha. But we're starting tomorrow :)
  • jeannier66
    jeannier66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started this a couple of days ago, too. I didn't realize I was THAT out of shape until I did day 1 of level 1! I'm hoping to stay motivated. I'll only be doing it 4-5 days a week due to my schedule, but that's definitely better than not at all.
  • candjmom0104
    candjmom0104 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you all! Did 2 days last week and then had to miss 3 days b/c I just physically wasn't home so I made sure to get Day 3 in today. I've gotten as far as level 2 in the past, and for no good reason, just didn't continue. I am determined to go through with 30 days this time. What's weird is I have trouble going from the jumping jacks to the jump rope, but I can do all of them in the last circuit - maybe a mental thing??
  • ANonnyMouse
    Options
    Would love to join you all! Did 2 days last week and then had to miss 3 days b/c I just physically wasn't home so I made sure to get Day 3 in today. I've gotten as far as level 2 in the past, and for no good reason, just didn't continue. I am determined to go through with 30 days this time. What's weird is I have trouble going from the jumping jacks to the jump rope, but I can do all of them in the last circuit - maybe a mental thing??

What do you mean trouble going from one to the other? Meaning you get tired? I think the jump rope is tougher because of the calf work, and I think in the last circuit it's a shorter time, right? Maybe a mental thing...The lunges KILL me. Ugh. The pushups, too!!
  • ShawtyLatina
    ShawtyLatina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I would def love to join you. I just did 2 days of Ripped in 30 and I'm sore as heck. I heard that 30DS was a better video to start with. So def would be cool to take the journey with some buds. :)
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just did it all thru January and am starting over again in Feb....Just started level 2 again.....I'm in with you! I love it, lost 13 lbs and about 20 inches in Jan! Hoping for the same results in Feb! I am also doing Zumba everyday as well as 30DS! Add me if you want to!
  • worldgirl28
    Options
    I got the DVD and did it on Saturday. I'm definitely up for a 30DS partner!!
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am 24, incredibly out of shape, about 50lbs to lose, and would love to be your partner! The thing is that my 30DS dvd hasn't come yet. Mind if I add you and join you in a few days when it gets here? I'm expecting it by the end of this coming week...

I am starting on Friday!!