egg whites and oatmeal

Options
GoStaceyGo
GoStaceyGo Posts: 29 Member
I'm not sure about this combination but I'm intrigued n willing to try. Anyone do this n wanna share ur recipes?

Replies

• DenverKos
    Options
    Do you mean like mixing the egg whites into the oatmeal? I eat an egg with oatmeal almost every morning for breakfast, but side by side....
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what your question is? Having a couple egg whites with oatmeal is tasty & pretty healthy...
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yep - I do this - cook my oatmeal - and then at the end stir in well beaten egg whites - and cook in the microwave for one more minute..... Great way to increase the protein at brekkie time....

My Carrot Cake oatmeal recipe (originally from the gracious pantry blog) ...... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elleinnz/view/breakfast-carrot-cake-oatmeal-176185
  • Mandababz
    Mandababz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and oatmeal!?? My favorite:D
    Not sure what your looking for but this is what comes to mind when I see the combo:
    1)Eggwhites and oats mixed or blended and made into pancakes. Additions such as pb, fruit, whey, cinnamon, stevia, whole egg, nuts...
    2)Oats in a bowl w/ eggwhites and a touch of h2o, stir and heat in micro till firm. Additions like above.
    3)Eggwhites on side and bowl of oats.

Can't wait for b-fast!
  • GoStaceyGo
    GoStaceyGo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal n eggs separately but I've heard of people actually mixing the two together. I guess it makes ur oats bigger n fluffier n more filling