HUGE NSV for me!!

Options
Last Tues. night/Wed. morning (Feb. 8th) at 12:48 I smoked my last cigarette!! I slapped a patch on the next morning and every morning since and haven't smoked!! :happy:
I had smoked for 22 1/2 years and never thought that I could quit. I always said that that was the one thing I couldn't do and didn't want to do because I enjoyed smoking. I was also petrified of gaining weight too. I am happy to report that with the help of the patch and some willpower, I have not replace the cigarettes with food and haven't put on any weight. The patches are really a huge help!! But I know it's me that is the one who is making the choice to not smoke. In just a few short days of not smoking, my workouts are getting easier and although I still "hate" Jillian Michael's :tongue: , her workout's aren't leaving me gasping anymore...in just a few short days!!! Who'da thunk it?

Hell, who'da thunk that I would have actually decided to stop smoking and then actually do it??!! Not me!! :noway:

Replies

• jnkmac1
    Options
    Way to go! That is a huge NSV! Congrats!
  • Rain_253
    Rain_253 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you :) That's awesome!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Even fit people hate Jillian Michaels! :laugh:

Excellent NSV and HUGE congrats for making the tough decision to quit and sticking it out! You'll be so happy you did.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That is is so good to hear
  • FeeeeMarieeee
    FeeeeMarieeee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! :)
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great for you...Congrats!! I need to make that decision now...:<(
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, I already am happy I finally made the decision and I know that I'm going to stick with it!! I feel very at peace with my decision so I know it's forever!! :smile:
  • althea22000
    althea22000 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is a huge, huge NSV! Love it! Congrats!
  • petreebird
    Options
    Great for you...Congrats!! I need to make that decision now...:<(

You can SO do it, but you really do have to be ready and ready to do it for you!! Good luck!!
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    a great NSV...congrats....and I too have a love/hate relationship with Jillian MIchaels :laugh:
  • skipload
    Options
    I too quit smoking after 20 plus years a few years ago using patches..
    You are going to smell so much better!! So take that money you are saving and buy some nice perfume because now you will smell so good all day because you won't smell like smoke any more.
    Keep going girl
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting!!! Excellent NSV!!
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I quit 3 years ago this August when I got pregnant with my daughter. If I hadn't gotten pregnant I'm sure I would still do it. I'm so glad its over everyday u will feel better and better
  • toglamgirl
    Options
    It will be the hardest thing you've ever done and the best! Congrats I haven't had one puff for 4 years coming in april.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!:drinker:
  • petreebird
    Options
    I used to run 3 miles a day, while I smoked...I can't WAIT until the weather gets a little nicer to see how much easier running is as a non-smoker!! That's going to be awesome!!
  • petreebird
    Options
    Congrats to all of those who have quit!!! One day I will be the one telling someone like me that it's been year's since I have quit!!! Can't wait!
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Congrats!! :)
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That is truly wonderful news! Way to go on your NSV!
  • lleabrooks
    lleabrooks Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment for you. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!