I'm new and starting a lifestyle change tomorrow

Options
I am 40 and need to lose about 60 pounds. I have told myself over and over that I need to make changes in my lifestyle so that I can live healthier but have often hesitated to start something. I worked with a small group of ladies last summer to eat healthier and exercise daily and it was working great for me - I lost over 20 pounds but one by one everyone starting dropping out and I was left alone. Doing it on my own, I began to go back to my old habits a little at a time until eventually I was not following any plan and a year later, I have gained the 20+ pounds back. For some reason, working with others and being accountable to others was a strong motivator for me so I was hoping to begin again and to find a large enough group that there would always be someone that was still "in it" with me. While I do want to focus on weight loss, I do not want to do anything that can not be a permanent change in my life - definately no fad diets. Just healthy eating habits and active lifestyle. I am going to start tomorrow because there is no need to continue to procastinate but I do not have an exact menu or plan laid out yet. I think I will focus on whole foods, less than 1500 calories/day, drink lot of water, and exercise 5-6 days a week, at least for 45 min- 1 hr. Part of my first day will be to make more specific goals:) I look forward to chatting with others on the same mission.

Replies

• jrrflr
    jrrflr Posts: 109
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to become healthier. Having people "in your corner" definitely makes a huge difference. Good luck!
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just started a few days ago. I agee, no fad diets or quick fixes! I/we didn't goin it over night and wont lose it over night! Sounds like you are on the right track!
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new found motivation and good luck on your journey.
    I completely understand... Lost 20lb 2 years ago, 10 creeped back and then lost it again ... And all
    my pals fell off too... Now I'm making an effort to go it alone(ish) ... Recently read an article and the interviewee said "you can have the body you want, just a matter of how hard your willing to work for it" so true! So on that note LET'S KICK BUTT!
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    :) So happy for you!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Great to hear your plans to get healthier.
    My only advice, don't start tomorrow, start now!! (which you've already done because you have a plan and you're posting here).
    If you have any more time left today, start planning your meals for tomorrow so you have a healthy start.
    Good luck!
  • danlie
    Options
    why not “now”?
  • LOSE30PD
    Options
    I am want to start tomorrow too.
    I am : to change my wieght
  • Katie20092011
    Options
    i agree. i have just startedd too! im glad you have decided to become healthier! good luckk to you!