Help - mexican food?

Options
JStarnes
JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
Thinking of having mexican food for lunch - the craving for it is HUGE! :tongue: So, I'm thinking the grilled chicken fajitas without the refried beans, rice or tortillas. basically just eating the chicken & veggies & guacamole. Any thoughts? Is this just as bad as eating the whole thing? I also LOVE salsa - oh yeah, it's an authentic mexican restaurant, not taco bell :tongue:

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    I think that is the best choice. I always get them minus the cheese and refried beans. I limit myself to the amount of chips I use with salsa.
    Enjoy! Sounds like a great lunch!
  • kdblev
    kdblev Posts: 18
    Options
    Most places have corn tortillas if you ask and they are about 100 cal for 2 of them (instead of 100 for 1). I find that to be a good way to have fajitas, although at home we eat them in big leaves of lettuce.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Ask for corn tortillas and stay away from sour cream, you should be fine. Stay away from chips/salsa too. Drink lots of water.
  • ksukaro
    ksukaro Posts: 29
    Options
    i also like to have chicken fajita salads which is all the makings of a fajita, just on top of lettuce instead of in tortillas! I am having it for dinner tonight!
  • JStarnes
    Options
    Okay - great :happy: naked fajitas here I come!! Thanks for the advice!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    salsa is great - just skip the cheese and sour cream - I eat fajitas all the time and stay in my calories. Enjoy!
  • tweetycandi
    Options
    Sounds good, thanks for putting this out there as Mexican food is my favorite and now I know what I can actually eat there!
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    Mexican Food...sounds yummy. What restaurant did you have in mind?
  • jamieguin
    jamieguin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We have a tex mex place near our house with an excellent nutrition counter. I found that I could have 2 fish tacos no sour cream for less calories than their grilled chicken salad with lots of stuff in it. For about 425 calories, I was able to split the fajita chicken platter without guacomole, refried beans or rice. I ended up with a flour tortilla, green peppers, onions and salsa. The guac adds a lot of fat although it is the healthier kind of fat. Enjoy!
  • JStarnes
    Options
    Just this little hole-in-the-wall place where I live. Charanda Mexican Resturaunt. It's yum-O. :happy: