Options
Tom I start training for 13.1 miles I have 10 weeks till race :) please give me some advise for training and also for the day of race anything I need to know? Thanks bunch I'm super excited! Ive done hand full of
5k this will be first 13.1 :)

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    My 1st and only suggestion to you right now is to come over and join us on the 'distance runners' group- you'll find a tonne of support, suggestions and helpful people there.

See you there!
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good luck! That's such a very exciting step!

Sorry I don't have any advice for you just wanted to wish you well!:flowerforyou:
  • nikkibyrdRN
    nikkibyrdRN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am also training for my first half! I started in mid December. I suggest finding a training schedule based on your previous races and current running schedule. I am using Smart Coach from Runners World. As far as race day, do what you always do before you run! Don't change your habits...do what is comfortable for you! Runners World has a ton of great info!! Be sure to read up on fueling your runs with carbohydrates.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    As your long runs build up, experiment with eating before the race. Can you eat a hour before, two? Do you want to run on a massive meal or a light one?

Pick whether you want to race for a time, or just finishing, this will impact your training schedule.

Pick a training plan and stick to it

Good luck!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hal Higdon is recommended by many runners

see his site halhigdon.com or for a novice half marathon training program see here:

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51131/Half-Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program

good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!