Seriously someone give me some good advice

Options
I am 18 years old, about to turn 19 and I have always been extremely active my whole life. I'm 5'5, but overweight for my height. I'm always told muscle weighs more than fat and don't pay attention to the scale but to the physical changes you see instead. Its hard to stay motivated and not get down on myself when I weigh myself weekly and theres no change. I dance around 7 hours a week for competative dancing(along with spotting girls in gymnastics), and I also go to the gym at least 3 to 4 times a week. I'm working my butt off but seeing no results. Could someone suggest some good workout routines, meal plans, advice to help me boost my weight loss? Please and thank you.

Replies

• dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    1. A pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same. The muscle has less mass and so looks smaller.

2. You probably have your weight loss goal set at 2lbs per week. You don't have so much to lose that you can safely and easily lose 2lbs per week. Change it to .5 so you get enough calories to eat to sustain your body and eventually your body will release the extra weight.
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump.. I'll be back
  • bigbird38
    Options
    hey there,i used to be very similar to you. but when i joined my gym and discussed my objectives, my trainer came up with kettlebel workouts, and thease have really worked for me. I dont know what your doing at the gym, but if your just doing cardio like tradmill and xtrainer, then this might not suit your body. Kettlebell workouts tone muscle and do cardio and im very impressed with the results, if u havent already, maybe worth a try. ( ive lost 1.5 stone and gone from a size 20 to a 16 since november )
    Good luck and keep positive.