First half a stone :)

Options
I'm feeling very proud of my first half a stone loss as in the past I've never made it to 7lbs. I went to weight watchers for a year and gained a stone as every other week I'd gain bk a pound more than I lost, so to have lost weight two weeks in a row and reached half a stone is a big thing for me. Good luck to everyone else on their journey.

Replies

• La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I tried weight watchers as well and it didn't do much for me. I think MFP is much better and has inspired me to lise more weight. Congrats again, and keep on keeping on!
  • iwisheyes
    Options
    That is fantastic! Great progress. I am looking forward to your future updates. :happy:
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Well done! Once you're on a positive trend anything is possible. Keep it up!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    So I totally had to go and look up what a stone was in weight loss. I'd first heard about it in a book I was reading but didn't bother to look it up then. I then converted my current weight into stones and I like that number much better.

I weigh 20 stones (or is it just stone?) and have lost almost 1.5 stones. Although I have to admit that I like pounds for weight loss better because the number is bigger. Haha. So I weigh 20 stones and have lost 17.6 pounds. WOOooo

Congrats on your half a stone as well and thanks for the unexpected amusement to my life.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    So I totally had to go and look up what a stone was in weight loss. I'd first heard about it in a book I was reading but didn't bother to look it up then. I then converted my current weight into stones and I like that number much better.

I weigh 20 stones (or is it just stone?) and have lost almost 1.5 stones. Although I have to admit that I like pounds for weight loss better because the number is bigger. Haha. So I weigh 20 stones and have lost 17.6 pounds. WOOooo

Congrats on your half a stone as well and thanks for the unexpected amusement to my life.

Haha....that's right. In the UK we tend to quote in stones. However, perhaps it's watching too many Biggest Loser USA programs that I now think in pounds. Although I do still get a little confused with the Australian version as they do it in kg!

For our friends across the pond who don't know:-

14 lbs = 1 stone

Therefore, a 15 stone person would weigh 210 lbs
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Well done! I am now only 3lbs away from 2 stone lost and the thought of getting to that milestone is a big incentive. Keep up the good work.
  • smileycelerystick
    Options
    im going to put £20 aside for each stone i lose, then i can get some new clothes when i reach my goal :)

16404448.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!