Question regarding Fitbit Ultra tracker

Options
Has anyone used this device? It seems very helpful but would love some feedback from a member. I joined this planned about 14 days ago and it is a wonderful tracking and feedback method by which to stay on task. Am considering the Fitbit device ...

Thanks!

Replies

• Katherine1687
    Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good question. I am also considering one so look forward to reading the replies.

Is it accurate when counting the steps? My pedometer logs 3 steps for every one you take and has been known to add on a step if you take an extra big breath. I gave up with it but may consider a fitbit if it is more accurate.

Thanks
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    I, too, would like to know how good these are! I'm currently using a HRM and finding it pretty accurate but the Fitbit looks awesome.
  • donnabirch123
    Options
    i dont have any feed back to give as yet, but i have just brought one, so should have it tomorrow, if no one else responds, i will let you know what its like
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    I got one for Christmas, and I love it! Found out that I'm actually burning more calories than I thought while I was at work. And when you wear it at night, it tracks your sleep patterns. I put it on my bra and wear it every day. Never feel it! I'm so glad I got it!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for around a month and find it quite helpful as i am trying to maintain. It automatically updates MFP with my activity and works out how much more or less i need to eat depending on activity.
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I found the counting of steps taken was spot on, but I had great difficulty in getting the distances I walked to be recorded acurately. I returned mine for a refund, but I know many others on MFP have had great success with their Fitbits. It just didn't work for me.
  • shahzadarif
    shahzadarif Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The tracker is quite something. Whether or not it logs my steps accurately I can't tell, but it does increase or decrease dependent on activity. I have added variables for step length and stride length, and it will add a stair climb if I'm walking up a steep hill!! I have had pedometers in the past which failed me completely as I don't think I was getting much out of them. The synchronisation with web and iphone motivates me more and I'm actually thinking of walking, parking away from my usual spot etc., climbing stairs etc. So small changes already. I use myfitnesspal for recording food, which syncs with fitbit marvellously. As a result, I'm really making choices about the extra helping of dessert that I shouldn't have etc. So far I've lost 5 Kg in 2 months, but maintaining on this level. As a programme for weight loss and exercise, combining fitbit with myfitnesspal.com has been a God send. I came across myfitnesspal.com by accident and the app led me to purchase fitbit ultra. The sleep logging function relies on activity during sleep, so I do take it with a pinch of salt. But it gives me a good idea of when I'm actually deep asleep as to lighter sleep. Falling asleep is contentious as I know I'm asleep within ten minutes, but one day it recorded me as falling asleep in 2 hours just because I must have been 'active' and tossing around!! Or may have pressed the button too early. Health is about lifestyle changes which aren't easy to adopt or adapt to. In this techno-crazy age, fitbits etc. help. I spend time on my computer every day, so why not stare at a page which records my activity, only if to motivate me more.
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for 2 weeks and love it

The steps are really accurate when walking - it can pick up extra steps when driving but this can be corrected

I work in an office but I do on average 5000 steps a day - this works out around 300 calories (depending on my active score)

I was set at 1200 calories but with the fitbit calculation I eat around 1400 and I am still losing

xx
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    I use it with my HRM (heart rate monitor) it is excellent for counting everything you do for the day is that way. I use it with my hrm with strap when i bellydance and kettlebell as it has a hard time with the softer fluid movement.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I have worn it while running with my Garmin forerunner and it is pretty accurate.
  • claremillerphoto
    claremillerphoto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a couple of weeks & I really like it. It really emphasises the relationship between my activity level & the calories I burn. Great for motivating me to do that bit extra.