Very bad weekend

Options
2»

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    DO NOT PANIC! It is water weight! Drink a lot of water and you will lose it in a few days...2 bad days ins't going to make you gain all that weight...

Get back on track today, stay off the scale for a few days....it will be ok!
    ^^^^ THIS! It's not actual weight. Drink a ton, eat clean and it will come right back off.
  • Whitetail24
    Whitetail24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm with you weekends are always tough for me also but i love monday to get back on track and dig in.
  • SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Saaame. Feeling pretty lousy this morning, after my Monday morning weigh-in showed me as UP 3 LBS since last Monday. :( It's hard seeing that "Pounds Lost" meter go down, but let's have a super good day and get back on track!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I keep drinking 4 glasses of wine instead of 2 and then feeling like an idiot. :-)

But i think it might help to dismiss the idea that you ever went off the wagon at all. Some days you sleep poorly . . . does that make you think you might give up sleeping altogether? Of course not. What you're working on is a lifetime of making good, healthy decisions ON AVERAGE. That means some bad days too. And some super good ones. But if you can average out good decisions and healthy eating, you will be healthy.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Chances are, some of it's water weight. To gain a pound, you need an excess of 3500 calories.

Anyway, even if it's a true gain, which I doubt, you can easily get back on track. I think the secret is not to let one weekend be the start of going back to old ways for the long term (as someone else said).

It's much better to have a bad weekend than a bad week or a bad month, or a bad year.
  • Sharonab123
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this. I too had a terrible weekend and was feeling discouraged. This thread has made me feel better. I only have healthy snacks at my desk and I started off the morning with a swim. I WILL have a good week.
  • carpp107
    Options
    Hey don't feel bad.....Last week, starting on Saturday night and through Super Bowl sunday I ate and drank like a total slob......I never had that full feeling and just kept eating and drinking.......Well, on Sunday night I was 14 pounds heavier than I was on Friday morning.......Talk about shocked!!!!! It all came off during the week though and I stayed very clean over this weekend, so I'm not playing catch up this week......You gotta let loose once in a while I guess....

-Rob
  • unionironworker
    Options
    i had 4 pork ribs and 3 egges over easy tuna for lunch and 1000 cals of mc donalds O and half a bad of chocolate chips yaaa i know i had a moment. Time to be a good boy agian.
  • gadjgrl
    Options
    I was just thinking that today myself... there are bound to be a few days each month that just don't go as planned. It's gonna happen to everyone at some point. It may help to remind oneself that we are making lifestyle changes, changes we can manage forever and it's realistic to eat junk occasionally, it is part of life. Our goal should be to tip the scales towards healthy the majority of the time, really enjoy those moments we decide to treat ourselves, savor every bite then just keep on truckin'. We can do this!
  • jennifer282000
    jennifer282000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Im totally feeling you on this one. I myself had a couple not so good days. First chinese food on friday night with the hubby and saturday went to The Wing House with the family and later at home we made some strawberry shortcake..so needless to say I was feeling guilty because all the hard work Ive been doing BUT... done with that guilt this morning I'm moving on. Its ok to cheat sometimes . I like to eat and have a good time with the family without counting and worrying about CALORIES..so it was kinda nice to take that break this weekend..so don't be hard on urself ..you'll get to where u wanna be in time. Good luck