How to keep the weight off

Options
When you finally got to you target goal how did you keep the weight off. Losing weight is the easy pat it's just keeping it off.
Please share your tips bigsmile:

Replies

• Sexynvoluptuous
    Options
    Bump
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    EASY - Don't go back to your old eating habits and stay moving! That's where so many people go wrong is that they think that losing weight is a temporary thing. You can lose all the weight you want but if you don't keep the lifestyle, you'll always be back where you started. You don't have to eat salads for the rest of your life... just choose to eat healthy and don't restrict yourself so much that you go on a binge. Good Luck :)
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for almost 18 months. The key to maintaining is this... "Don't go back to your old way of doing things! Eat light. Exercise!"
  • WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    I'm not there yet but I will still keep logging on MFP and keep a weekly weigh in going, that's the only way I reckon.
  • bagsandbows
    Options
    That is wonderful PoeRaven! Thank you for the advice!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've been at or below my original goal weight (150lbs) since Sept 2010. I'll be honest.. I've actually found maintenance to be far easier than weight loss. I've learned how many calories I eat to lose and how many calories I can consume and maintain (and it's a lot, let me tell you!). It has taken awhile, but I've settled into a comfortable routine. I still read labels and I follow portion sizes. I enjoy my "treats" still, but I've learned to choose which ones are REALLY worth it and which ones aren't.

After falling on the ice a year ago, I don't workout like I used to. But, I've learned to do what I can, when I can do it and not fret when things aren't going as well as I'd like them to be. I've calmed down. I try and not obsess.
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have reached my goal and now want to keep logging on MFP to maintain. However I am a bit scared to jump up to the suggested maintenance calories right away so last week I added 100 cals per day (and ate excercise cals back). But I still lost weight. So this week I have upped another 50 cals per day. To be honest I feel very full even with 150 cals (and sometimes 200-300 cals from excercising) so I feel this way is allowing me to adjust.

Can people advise how they done it? Thanks
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I would also love to know how maintenance works. I have, in the past, acheived my goal weight but continued lose weight even though I was eating a net 2,000 calories a day. I would like to avoid this happening this time around.
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great post, I'm not far short of my target weight and been pondering on this subject myself. Thanks for the tips everyone.
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Change to maintain and never stop logging.:drinker:
  • teamflatbelly
    teamflatbelly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the post :)
  • teamflatbelly
    Options
    bump
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump
  • teamflatbelly
    Options
    bump
  • teamflatbelly
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!