New with over 50lbs to loose!!

Options
Hi there,

well to be honest i have 140lbs to lose but im taking liitle steps at a time thats why my first goal is 50lbs!!

I'm Dawn 20 years old from Aberdeen Scotland and im new to this site!! i will get a photo put up eventually!

ive struggled with diets and weight loss since i can remember!

but now im on a mission and this time its not a diet its a life change!!

looking for some like minded people to help me out and hopefully i can do the same back

add me if you like!
xxxxxxx

Replies

• katoabes
    katoabes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn,

I live just outside Glasgow :)

I've got 51lbs to lose, and trying to drum up courage to take 'before' pics too! - can't think of better inspiration than working towards an 'after'

This site is great for forward planning, like tonight we have our traditional annual 'Sh**e Night' where we go see a terrible film at the cinema and eat a mcdonalds and a chippie... With MFP I've been able to forward plan the least damaging combo of foods. before id ahve just wrote the night off and went for it!

one of the best things on MFP is searching for typical 'meals of old' and discovering just how much I was putting away! - bu they, this is the year to do it!

Add me if you like,

Kate xx
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 25 and in Belfast.

I started on Jan 2nd with 58lbs to lose and as you can see, I've already lost 22lbs.

If you need/want any friends then send me a request.
  • gadjgrl
    Options
    Greetings and Welcome! I am fairly new too. You are in good company here! Good Luck with your life change, I am trying to look at it this way too this time. 1 - 2 pounds a week over the long haul, anything extra is just a bonus week. I too have 140 to lose but am using 10% at a time as my short term goal.
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    hiya... i'm also living near Aberdeen and need to lose another 62lbs at least.,.. feel free to add me for support :smile:
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    I started out with a lot of weight to lose. I am not really sure how bad I got but when I did get on the sale I was 255 but I know I was much bigger than that at one point. I found this one website that has really helped me get into a groove and I follow his workout plan. It has really helped me get on track and lose 42 pounds so far. I still have around 30 or so pounds to lose but I know I will get there. The website is www.fit2fat2fit.com, You should check it out its great.
    I also signed up for a few races this year and going to keep pushing myself to do better so I have actual fitness goals in my life instead of career goals. What good is having a great career if you cant live the life you want? That is something that I never really knew until a few months ago. Well good luck with your journey. Just take it one step at a time.
  • angiebabes84
    angiebabes84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hey :) im just outside glasgow, working on 50 lbs too, then see from there!

Anyone feel free to add me :) x
  • NahandDave
    Options
    Hi i live in kent and have 70lbs to lose have a before photo but got no idea how to post good luck with your task ahead