Weight gain???

Options
So last week I started back tracking with MFP. On Friday I started Insanity. Granted its only been a few days, but I am UP 2 lbs. I don't understand. I am not eating like crazy, workout daily, so what's up? Feel free to check out my dairy.

Replies

• DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Give it time. You just started. :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    it's not set to public
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You're eating like crazy?
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Give it time. You just started. :)

This ^ and to be better helped open up your diary.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options

Or not eating enough. Hard to say without a viewable diary. All we can do is guess.
  • cjsnurse
    cjsnurse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself so frequently...your body needs time to adjust
  • mjga2043
    mjga2043 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I meant NOT. Off to make dairy public. Sorry guys.
  • mjga2043
    Options
    Okay - should be public.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    New or increased exercise does this. It's temporary.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I believe it's normal to go up a bit when starting Insanity, from what I've seen on here and an article I read (I'll look for it in a bit). I started Ripped in 30 and gained a pound a day the first four days, then it started coming down.
  • thecazstewart
    thecazstewart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Firstly, I would say that it's not been long enough and secondly, are you drinking enough water / low calorie squash during each day? Quite a lot of your diary items look quite salty or they're processed, which can affect water retention.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    Are you sore? if so it is probably some water retention in you muscles. drink lots of water and try to only weigh in once a week. good luck to you!
  • mjga2043
    Options
    Definitely sore. I am working in upping my water. The food might looked processed, but a lot of it is not. Just trying to find equals on MFP.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Your diary looks ok, you are going a little bit over, but not much. Don't think that is an issue. How is your sodium? ARe you staying withing that goal? You've just begun, so don't worry. I've found that I will not lose every week. Try to do your own cooking as much as possible. You can check out websites like Skinnytaste and Cooking Light for recipes. And see my profile for some tips that worked for me.
  • sfaus
    sfaus Posts: 3
    Options
    Try adding fiber to your tracking tool and keep an eye on it - looks like you're not eating enough veggies or getting enough fiber. I think the default goal for fiber MFP has set up is too low. I have customized my goal to 25 grams per day. Here's a great resource on the benefits of fiber not just for weight loss, but cancer prevention and more: https://www.dswfitness.com/docs/fiber.pdf
  • mjga2043
    Options
    Okay I didn't even know I could add those settings. I just added sodium and fiber. Sodium looks okay, but I will up the fiber since maybe i am not eating enough.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    ARe you not logging water, or not drinking any?
  • mjga2043
    Options
    ARe you not logging water, or not drinking any?

I am drinking it, but not logging religiously. I think I drank about 6-7 cups yesterday.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks ok, you are going a little bit over, but not much. Don't think that is an issue. How is your sodium? ARe you staying withing that goal? You've just begun, so don't worry. I've found that I will not lose every week. Try to do your own cooking as much as possible. You can check out websites like Skinnytaste and Cooking Light for recipes. And see my profile for some tips that worked for me.

^^^^this