Dancing up a sweat with Wii. Suggestions?

Options
I played Just Dance 3 at a friend's house last night; I had a blast and relaly worked up a sweat in just the few dances I did. I have a Wii at home and before I run out and buy the same game I was wondering how many of you have tried these and which ones are your favorites?

I know Just Dance has a couple versions and there is Dance Dance Revolution and also saw a Gold's Gym one. What are your reviews?

Also, any one recommend the Zumba game and belt thing?

Replies

• JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have both Just Dance 2 and Zumba for the Wii. I defiantely use the Zumba one ALOT and 45 min doing that, u can easily burn 600-800 calories. GO FOR IT!
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I love the Zumba 2 for Wii. I find it easier to follow along with than the Just Dance 3, but i have that also and am planning on trying again with it as it has a ton of good songs and would like to be able to dance in public :) I use the Zumba all of the time :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    We have Just Dance 2. It was fun at first, but I got bored with it quickly.
  • audddyy
    Options
    I agree I have both, and I prefer Zumba 2, it's amazing... and completely addicting... The first day I got it I kept going for like over an hour and realised I had burnt well over 800 cals... And yes I was sore the next day couldn't walk hehe... :laugh:
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Zumba is great!!! I bought it because I love to dance and I noticed my stomach starting to shrink. Just Dance is AWESOME cardio too. But I think Zumba has a better all over body effect.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just got a wii and zumba fitness lastnight. This morning I tried out zumba and I must say I absolutely LOVE it.
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Michael Jackson Experience and Black Eye Pea Experience!!! I just got ABBA and it is okay....not as sweaty as the other two. Biggest Loser and Zumba are also good....I would suggest renting a few of them first and then buying them at Gamestop or somewhere you can get used or discounted games. Have fun!!!
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have just dance 1,2,3, and kids and it is a good workout but I also have Zumba and I think it is a blast and an even better workout.
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for the Wii & it's fun. Unlike most other forms of exercise, I actually enjoy doing it. I will say that I don't feel like I sweat very much & I'm usually not out of breath - so I don't know that it's the BEST workout, but I guess that depends on your fitness level. I definitely wouldn't say I'm fit, but I want to push myself harder, so I do other things. I do tend to burn a lot more calories though with the Zumba as opposed to other things (like the 30 Day Shred, running, etc.) because I'm able to do it longer. I go by the calories the game gives me as I don't have a HRM, so I'm not sure if they're 100% accurate, but I do like that it keeps track of how long you've played & your burn because it's easy to enter into MFP. I don't think Just Dance 3 does that - and when I tried JD3 it was harder for me to keep up/get the moves than with Zumba (I think because it's not a "real" person, it's that thermal image thing). I would say go with Zumba 2. :)
  • I play Just Dance 3 and I've done Zumba. I hate the Zumba belt...it's uncomfortable and slides around when I dance....I also don't find the "high intensity" Zumba songs high intensity enough. My heart rate rarely goes above 150 even after an hour of exercising. I think Just Dance 3 burns a lot more calories and has better high-paced songs. I love dancing in general and i think Zumba is "fun" I just don't have the time to spend an hour in front of the TV to only burn approximately 450 calories. So, my point is that it depends on what suits you. If you have an hour to spare then DEFINITELY DO IT AND ENJOY IT!! I'm trying to weight lift and so an hour of cardio plus weight lifting is just too much for me. Good luck!
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow. This is all great input. I definitely like switching up my cardio so this would be in addtion to the gym, running, and my at home elliptical. I want to have some fun options in there, but don't want to impulse buy and "get bored with it" like some experiences have been. I didn't think the ZUmba one would be for me because I've been to Zumba class and although it was fun I didn't think it was work the money each class. But I'm rethinking the game based on some of your reviews. I could do it at home and play with my daughter at the same time.