What am I doing wrong?

Options
I'm starting to feel so discouraged. In the past 2 weeks I haven't lost any weight. I actually gained almost 2 lbs. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Replies

• AutumnMariex3
    Options
    I am right there with you! I don't understand it. And I am extremely frusterated. The only thing I have gone over is protein which I read does not affect your weight loss. :(
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Probably nothing! Everyone runs into stalls once in a while. Here's my tips for ensuring weight loss!
    1. Drink plenty of water (how much? 1/2 your weight in pounds as ounces of water, or as close as you can!)
    2. Change up your exercise routine. Keep your body guessing!
    3. Add more calories to your allowance. If you don't eat enough you can gain weight!
    4. Eat more of your exercise calories, if you haven't been eating back.
    5. Be brutally honest in your diary. Log everything that passes through your lips!
    6. Have a cheat. 100-200 extra nutritious calories in a meal. Then stick to your plan.
    7. Eat more protein - helps keep you fuller, but helps you heal from workouts too.
  • AutumnMariex3
    Options
    Good tips !!!! I am awful with math and equations. How many ounces of water would I drink for 205lbs ?
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    And watch your sodium! Water weight!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    That's about 13 cups of water. Check to see that your sodium intake is not too high. Eating lots of processed foods including white flour, rice, can soups, pre-packed meals, canned fruits and veggies will also add water weight. So you may be losing fat but holding onto more water. Diet Soda is really bad for this.
  • Kgetshealthy
    Options
    User Deleted Comment..
  • Kgetshealthy
    Options
    Good tips !!!! I am awful with math and equations. How many ounces of water would I drink for 205lbs ?

about 102 oz. It seems like a lot -- but think of it like this -- have you seen those "Smart Water" Bottles? the big ones are a little over 33 oz, so you can drink 3 of those bottles a day, and reach half your weight in oz of water.

You can also carry a gallon with you all day, and drink from that. You dont necessarily have to finish it since a gallon is about 128 oz, but it will help you see what you should be drinking from per day.
  • rachel1496
    Options
    Are you tracking your sodium?
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    Probably nothing! Everyone runs into stalls once in a while. Here's my tips for ensuring weight loss!
    1. Drink plenty of water (how much? 1/2 your weight in pounds as ounces of water, or as close as you can!)
    3. Add more calories to your allowance. If you don't eat enough you can gain weight!
    5. Be brutally honest in your diary. Log everything that passes through your lips!
    6. Have a cheat. 100-200 extra nutritious calories in a meal. Then stick to your plan.
    7. Eat more protein - helps keep you fuller, but helps you heal from workouts too.

^^ this.
  • AutumnMariex3
    Options
    I have heard of the Smart Water bottles, but haven't seen them. I think I will look into one!
  • magiejbailey
    Options
    May not be doing anything wrong (do you add up calories every day - in and out?? Weight tends to fluctuate a pound or two normally. Next week you'll be down again I expext. What is yor daily calorie intake? I find I can't lose weight unless I take in less than 1500 per day
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    i'm the same i'm at a loss....so discouraged..i've been the same for 2 weeks...i just uped my calorie goal so instead of losing 2lbs a week to 1.5 lbs...idk and i did a diff exercise today too...
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why your daily calorie allowance is over 1800, was that the amount MFP gave you?

1800 calories for females is often used as maintenance.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I set the thing to track my sodium.....yea I am taking in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

If I use fake salt will that help? Or if I maybe use sea salt?

I love having a little salt on my steamed veggies :(
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why your daily calorie allowance is over 1800, was that the amount MFP gave you?

It says 1890, and yea it's the one that MFP gave me. I'll probably try to stick closer to 1700-1800. I weigh 239 lbs and I'm 5'10" and want to get to around 150lbs.

Also, to add, before today my limit was 1400.

I changed the thing to losing 1lb a week rather than 2lbs.
  • kathyhaf1
    Options
    I've be at a plateau for a while too. But, then again, I haven't eated as "clean" as I should've or exercised as much as I should've either. I do love water though. It is easy for me to get my water in daily.

I usually do cardio, either treadmill or eliptical for 30 min a day. I wonder if I will lose if I only do 30 min/day 3x week or if it has to be 5 x week? Any suggestions?
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options

^^^ all said above - i would also space out the calories intake a bit more evenly as well (I know everyone says it doesn't matter when you eat as long as it is not pass the amount set - I haven to have an opinion it does) - also, watch your protein versus carb intaka (what has worked for me is to try to consume things that are higher in protein)
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

It says 1890, and yea it's the one that MFP gave me. I'll probably try to stick closer to 1700-1800. I weigh 239 lbs and I'm 5'10" and want to get to around 150lbs.

Also, to add, before today my limit was 1400.

I changed the thing to losing 1lb a week rather than 2lbs.

MFP set my calories at 1200... when I weighted 217
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I set the thing to track my sodium.....yea I am taking in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

If I use fake salt will that help? Or if I maybe use sea salt?

I love having a little salt on my steamed veggies :(

Sautee your veggies - no need for salt - and oh so delicious, LOL
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You need to eat your exercise calories or most of them.