yummy salad dressing without the calories

Options
For those of you who eat salad but hate the added calories of good tasting salad dressing, there is a brand which I found while grocery shopping that has no calories, sugars, fat, or carbs. It is called Walden Farms, it comes in only a few flavors like ranch, blue cheese, ranch bacon and thousand island. It has really helped me so far with staying on track with my calorie and fat counts while still being able to enjoy salad how I like it! Im trying out new ideas with it in chicken dishes and such, but its definitely great for those who like to indulge in veggies with dressing like I do :D

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that kind! I have tons of it at home, Creamy Bacon and Chipotle Ranch are my favorites :) No calories, no sugar, no fat, no cholesterol, no carbs, no gluten. AND it's not full of chemicals either. So good :)
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I use fresh lemon juice. It is rather yummy.
  • jobster68
    Options
    I will keep an eye out for that cos I have to have dressing on salad just cannot eat it without.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    My main meal during the week is a salad, so If I can find a salad dressing that tastes good, and is fat-free, so much the better, thanks for the info. Is Walden Farms sold in a speciality store or in your supermarket?
  • naffito
    naffito Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I too use lemon or lime juice
    Also sweet chilli sauce, as you don't need much to get a good flavour!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My main meal during the week is a salad, so If I can find a salad dressing that tastes good, and is fat-free, so much the better, thanks for the info. Is Walden Farms sold in a speciality store or in your supermarket?

I've been able to find it at my regular grocery store, but they have a better variety of flavors at a natural foods store (like Whole Foods).
  • jared767
    Options
    Sweet onion sauce. It's fat-free
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I've read that your salad dressing should have some unprocessed fat in it to help absorb all the good fat soluable vitamins from your salad. I love plain old olive oil with balsamic vinegar.