New with 100lbs to lose

Options
I am a 29 year old nurse who's weight has gotten out of control. My fist goal is to lose 25lbs by my birthday in june, Wish me luck !! Im going to need it.

Replies

• Dani78
    Dani78 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am a 29 year old nurse who's weight has gotten out of control. My fist goal is to lose 25lbs by my birthday in june, Wish me luck !! Im going to need it.
  • backontrac
    backontrac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    LUCK has nothing to do with it...positive mental attitude will help though... ;-)
    I wish you all the success in the world.. and your goal is very obtainable.
    Remember its a new day, a new challenge every single day.
    we are here for each other so if you need us..JUST LET US KNOW..,cause we NEED YOU!!!
    Congrats..and Welcome!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, this is a great place to be! I also satrted with 100lbs to lose and following the goals I set up on here has sure worked for me! Best of luck to you!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am in the 100 lbs range too! I started at 270, wanting to lose 135 to REACH 135. Well, I am down 71 now since Sept. It CAN be done my friend! :) I still have a ways to go but I am confident I will reach it. Best of luck!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    :tongue: :happy:
  • poubre
    poubre Posts: 32
    Options
    I think that's great! To add to what backontrac said ... it's mostly about determination if you ask me.

I'm in med school, so I'm a pretty busy person (as most people are). And, I finally decided to stop lying to myself and forced myself to make time for exercise/dieting. I didn't lose the weight overnight, and no one will. But, determination will keep the weight flowing off if you're consistently determined!

I lost 25 pounds in 4 months. Over Christmas I gained a few back =). So, now I'm going for 155 (7 more pounds to go).

Slow and steady! Don't exhaust yourself by trying to do it in a month! You have my support, whatever that may mean to you.
  • Dani78
    Dani78 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks all for your welcomes and words of encouragement, its day 2 and it seems that for right now the key to my success will be staying busy so i don't think about it !!
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    Welcome! This site really works. :flowerforyou:
  • ChrisM
    ChrisM Posts: 17
    Options
    I am new also and would like to loose 50lbs but really would love to have 20 of by the end of may for a wedding
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I have a lot to lose as well. This site is very helpful , I use to diet on my own never learning to correct way to eat. So after the weight loss then I would go back to my old eating habits and gain it back. I love the support I have here on MFP , it would be so much harder without the people on here helping me.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I bumped you to welcome you back! Welcome back!!! :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll love it here :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Welcome Dani - You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Just think how great you'll feel after you lose it all.