Blew all my calories at breakfast. What's my next move?

Options
Ugh, I ate a rather large breakfast and then someone brought in baked goods. Unless the calories estimates on MFP are way off, I just ate all of my daily calories before 10:30 am. Lessen to the kids out there... calories add up QUICK.

Should I:

1) continue eating as if nothing happened
2) fast the rest of the day?

Replies

• buckobuckobucko
    Options
    I would eat a low calorie lunch and dinner. Start again tomorrow and stay under your goal.
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    You should exercise to work off some of the calories!!!
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Work out! Even if you don't have time to go to the gym, walk up the stairs, take a walk around the block during your lunch break, do some jumping jacks or sit ups or pushups, pace back and forth. Even fidgeting can burn a few calories. Just keep moving all day.
  • ineedhelp18
    ineedhelp18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would normally just blow the whole day then, but that is the wrong thing to do! I am trying to change that. I think eating your normal calories for the rest of the day it the best thing
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would say definitely don't fast. Try your best for lower calorie healthy meals the rest of today, and start fresh again tomorrow. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Happens to the best of us. Eat low calorie whole foods the rest of the day and try to add some exercise. Get back on the horse tomorrow!
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what did you eat?
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think if you fast the rest of the day you will just end up starving by tomorrow and find it even harder to eat well. I say have some light snacks throughout the rest of the day and drink lots of water. Make the snacks high in fiber and protein. You can get right back into the swing of things tomorrow :)
  • Did you blow your maintenance calories or calories needed for weight loss? Regardless, just eat healthily if you get hungry the rest of the day and just try to fit in an hour cardio session when you get home.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    continue eating as if nothing happened
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Try to eat lower calorie for the rest of the day.
    In the beginning I planned and entered foods before I ate.
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Do a big fat work out and eat very light for the rest of the day.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Eat low calorie lunch, mid afternoon snack (if you usually have one), and a low calorie dinner. I wouldn't eat anything after dinner.

DO NOT throw your hands up and say, "Well I screwed up today, I might as well continue on this path and eat whatever want now." It's so hard not to do this (I still do it every once in a while). I had a nutritionist once say to me, "If you dropped one egg on the floor, would you then turn around and throw the rest of the carton on the floor?"

Good luck. You learned a great lesson today. I hope you can look at it as nothing more than that.

EDIT: I don't know why I didn't think of it... workout extra today.
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It forces you to workout to eat anything more. Go do it!!!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Mark today as a high calorie intake day and eat healthy lunch and dinner...
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I would aim to burn about 700 calories through exercise and then have a low cal lunch and a low cal dinner. Definitely don't fast and definitely don't just blow the day.
  • NicoleLIri
    NicoleLIri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yea I would agree with working out! I would eat the rest of the day but try to keep it light. I did that my first week on MFP I really started watching my food after that good luck! :)
  • EncoreUneAutreFois
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! This is what happens when I don't get any sleep!
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself, that will just backfire. Try to eat healthy for the rest of the day, and if possible add in some exercise.
    Weight loss is a journey, not a destination. From here on out --- don't wait until tomorrow--- try to make good choices!
  • LBachynsky
    Options
    Work out. Burn some calories.