How many days a week at the gym?

Options
I was curious how many days a week you guys spend at the gym? (if you are a member). I'm aiming for 5 days, switching between cardio, strength and swimming to keep my interest up.

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Five days at the gym and one day playing golf. Sunday is my total rest day. I do spin classes, lift weights, zumba and cardio machines like the elliptical or treadmill. I need the classes to keep from getting bored.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I typically hit the gym about 5 days a week, have one rest day, and then do a long run outside once a week. But if the weather is bad, then I take my long run inside on the treadmill.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I usually spend 5-6 days at the gym. 4 days of weights and light cardio and 1-2 days of all cardio. When it warms up I'm not at the gym as much because I'll spend 4-5 days a week cycling 150-200 miles.
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    I normally go to the gym between 3/4 times a week, a long outdoor run at the weekend and Zumba another night. I like to alternate the type of exercise I do. :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    6-7 days a week.
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    5 days.... mixture of classes, weights, running, etc....
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    7 days, 4 days a week 2x a day. Sometimes more.
    it's a second home :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I go to the fitness room at my job 4-5 times a week (a friend and I do fitness DVDs, running on the treadmill, the elliptical, or strength training....we like to mix it up!). I also go to a spin class at another gym once a week. And, I go to a cycling class at my church 1-2 a week (this is much more relaxed, and I mostly go for the social aspect!). I also try to exercise at home 2-3 a week (on my spin bike or doing fitness DVDs).
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Right now six days a week doing Kick Boxing or some type of strength training. On top of that is the weather is nice outside 34 deg F or about I may get a bike ride in occasionally.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I planned on 5 but it's turning out to be 3-4. I had my schedule to go go on Sat & Sun but my gyms hours aren't flexible on those days and I always find myself busy with family. I've decided to take those two days off that way I can get my 5 days in during the week.
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Typically 5 or 6
  • gef6856
    Options
    4-5 days mixed cardio and strength training
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week. Lap swim, Aqua aerobics, zumba, body pump, weights.. and sometimes the dreaded tread mill :)
  • i used to do 7 days, but i took out 1 day for resting, because of excessive fatigue, still makes me antsy on the rest day.

i lift in all 6 workouts, and only one 15 minute cardio session per week
  • donna9089
    Options
    I am in the gym at 0400 5 days a week for between 35 and 45 minutes depending on the day. I work with weights every day except Thursday which is a total cardio day. The other four days however, I try to get in at least 15 min on the treadmill or elliptical. I do not go on the weekends and feel like a total slug when I do not go. I have tried the spin thing but that seat is really uncomfortable and makes me sore. I actually got to 200# on the sled today! WOOT! Not too bad for an old woman with a bad knee :smile:
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Usually 5-6 days a week. And often multiple times during a day if i'm taking a class at night like Turbo Kick or Zumba.
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    I was curious how many days a week you guys spend at the gym? (if you are a member). I'm aiming for 5 days, switching between cardio, strength and swimming to keep my interest up.
    I swim at the gym 3 times a week and do cardio at home the other days. My goal is always to work out everyday though. I'm mixing it up between 1 hr swimming, 1 hr dancing, and 10 minute body workouts
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat = walk/jog/run 30min and calisthenics (ball crunches, ball squats, lunges, calf raises, etc...) at the park
    Tues and Thurs = Cardio circuit at the gym
    Sun = Rest/recovery
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    6 days per week (sundays off most weeks, this week, monday off)
    i do weight-training about 4 days per week, cardio all 6.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    3 days a week :=)