HRM chest strap

Options
I have a question about the chest straps for HRMs, as I am looking into getting one. I have a heart moniter that is implanted in my chest, just left of center above my heart. I have to have it there for three years, so before I buy a HRM, Im wondering where the moniter has to sit on your chest to be effetive. The area where my current moniter is is slighly raised, about the size of a pack of gum or flash drive. Is there any give in where a chest strap has to be place to get accurate readings? Dont want to buy one and not be able to use it properly. (It would totally be easier to just get the readings from the implanted moniter since Im certain it's accurate, but apparently that is top secret information that only my dr can have, lol) Thanks for any info!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the chest straps for HRMs, as I am looking into getting one. I have a heart moniter that is implanted in my chest, just left of center above my heart. I have to have it there for three years, so before I buy a HRM, Im wondering where the moniter has to sit on your chest to be effetive. The area where my current moniter is is slighly raised, about the size of a pack of gum or flash drive. Is there any give in where a chest strap has to be place to get accurate readings? Dont want to buy one and not be able to use it properly. (It would totally be easier to just get the readings from the implanted moniter since Im certain it's accurate, but apparently that is top secret information that only my dr can have, lol) Thanks for any info!
    If you're a female the strap is placed below the breast and right about the sternum area. I'd wonder though if the electronics from your implant may interfere with the signal transmitted between the strap and the watch.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SmokinCat
    SmokinCat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you're a female the strap is placed below the breast and right about the sternum area. I'd wonder though if the electronics from your implant may interfere with the signal transmitted between the strap and the watch.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

See, I didnt even think of that... Maybe I will check the Medtronic website or send them an email and see if I can find that out before I spend the money... Thanks!