NIKE+ FUELBAND

Options
Has anyone been able to get their hands on one? I REALLY need a HRM that counts calories as well. Thoughts, suggestions, comments? If not Nike+ Fuelband, what works for you??

thanks

~mgillette

Replies

• sheilashelly1
    Options
    I was look at the Nike+ Fuelband. It looks kind of interesting, but it's not a heart rate monitor. It just uses the movement of your arm to estimate the type of exercise that you are doing, so it might not accurately count the calories that you burn. For example. if you're sitting on the couch waving your arm it would count that as more calories than if you were vigorously riding a bike. There are excellent heart rate monitors out there, especially if your willing to pay for the fuelband. I like the one by Polar. I would say to get one with a chest strap too because sometimes the ones that take your HR on the wrist aren't very accurate. I have a Polar RS 100 and it's pretty easy to use.
  • comparingapples
    Options
    I do ALOT of yoga. Do you think the polar that your suggested would be good for that? I really need something to accurately count calories and heart rate.
  • sheilashelly1
    Options
    I think a heart rate monitor would be better than a fuel band for yoga. I know that the fuel band doesn't take HR into account and if you want to be accurate with calorie count it's best if you measure your heart rate.

I found this article to help you out.
    http://www.heartratewatchcompany.com/yoga-and-pilates-watches-s/159.htm

The polar ones will work, but the Sunnto HR monitors will stay in place better than the polar ones.
  • comparingapples
    Options
    You're amazing! Thank you!!!!!
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's not a HRM. It think it looks really gimicky. But maybe it's cool. I will reserve judgement until I hear from folks who are actually using it. I just don't see the point. I run with my Garmin. It has a GPS and HRM. Why do I need the Fuelband? Just askin'.
  • comparingapples
    Options
    Which garmin do you use?
  • WheyStrong
    WheyStrong Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have the Jawbone Up and it's awesome! Especially if you have an iphone because it directly plugs into your phone and keeps track of all your calories, steps, sleep patttern, etc.... within their free app.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRZbwC6dEXY
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Which garmin do you use?

The Forerunner 305. About $118 on Amazon. Not as good as what the cool kids wear (310XT or 910XT), but it fits my budget and I love it.
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the fuelband as you wear it all day. Any other like this apart from the fitbit?